I have shared some lemon squares that I have made in the past, which are a family favourite. Today’s recipe is raspberry lemonade squares, which are equally as good. These pretty pink squares are tart and sweet and were a great Pinterest find. The squares are easy to make and even though they are just like lemon squares, they are a bit extra special. They would be a perfect desert for a brunch or a baby shower. Give them a try next time you are baking!
PS…sorry for two recipe posts in a row. We were without power all day and I couldn’t upload photos for the post I had planned for today.
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 to 2 cups frozen raspberries, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, and sugar with a mixer. Mix in flour. Press dough into baking pan, so that it comes up about a 1/2 inch around the sides.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk sugar, egg whites, egg, lemon juice and zest, and flour in a bowl. Pour raspberries into a sieve and press through to extract all the pulp and juices. Whisk into lemon mixture and pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until filling is completely set. Let cool completely. Remove from pan.