I have received several requests for some more healthy treat recipes on the blog. Your wish is my command! 🙂 My friend Chelsea really got me into vegan treats, so I have been experimenting with a few recipes over the past months. These yummy very berry layered vegan bars are bursting with berry flavour and perfect for someone that is vegan or just likes healthy treats. The nuts in this bar are sure to fill you up and give you energy for whatever your afternoon has in store.
If you can’t find raspberries and blackberries fresh, I have tried it with strawberries and blueberries, and it works out just as good.
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- 2/3 Cup walnuts
- ¾ Cup dates
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cups cashews
- 1 Cup peanuts
- 1/3 Cup agave
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 Cup raspberries and blackberries, fresh
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- ¼ Cup coconut flour
- 1/8 Cup cashews
- 1/8 Cup peanuts
- Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Base - Put the nuts into the food processor and blend until fine. Add the dates and melted coconut oil and blend again. It is the right consistency when you squeeze the mixture it forms a ball and sticks together.
- Press the base into the prepared tin and put into the fridge.
- White Layer - Soak the cashews and peanuts in a bowl by covering with just enough water so it reaches the top of the nuts and leave for 1 hour.
- Pour the nuts and the soaking water into a blender with the rest of the ingredients for the white layer. Blend until silky smooth.
- Take the tin out of the fridge and pour the white layer on top of the base. Put into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Berry Layer - Soak the cashews and peanuts by covering with just enough water. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until silky smooth again.
- Take the tin out of the freezer and pour the berry layer over the white layer. Put back into the freezer for about 2 to 3 hours until solid.
- Take out and slice. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Have a great Monday. Thank you for all the love and support on the blog. It means a lot!