One of the highlights of the holiday season is the food! Whether the party appetizers, turkey dinners or sweets and treats…there is something for everyone! One of the challenges of the holiday season is time. There never seems to be enough time to do everything on your list. In today’s post I am sharing some easy to make (but very delicious) chocolate espresso cupcakes.
These chocolate espresso cupcakes feature a basic chocolate cupcake recipe, flavoured with coffee. To adorn these cupcakes and make them holiday-worthy, they are topped with chocolate shavings, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and some delicious Ethel M Chocolate dark chocolate espresso beans.
Ethel M Chocolates are handcrafted preservative-free chocolates (which is an important thing to me). They are made in small batches and shipped in insulated coolers and ice for peak freshness during warm weather and shipped via express shipping.
Ethel M Chocolates make a perfect holiday gift. There are many collection boxes that make gift giving easy. Whether for someone special or for yourself (to make holiday entertaining easy) try Ethel M Chocolates for the holidays.
I have heard from a good source that Santa gets way too many cookies. How about starting a new tradition this year and leaving Santa some Ethel M Chocolates!?! The peppermint bark, which comes in a festive tin, is my personal favourite.
- 1 1/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 3/4 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp. vanilla
- 1 Cup milk
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 Cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla
- 4 Oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate shavings
- Ethel M Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Cupcakes: In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix in the instant coffee and then set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- On low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Then beat in half of the milk, followed by the other half of the dry ingredients, and the other half of the milk. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Frosting: In a mixer, beat butter until fluffy. Add icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add cocoa powder and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla, melted chocolate, and cream, mixing until combined.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by the blog. 🙂
While I have been compensated by Ethel M Chocolates for this post, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me and make this blog possible. #EthelMChocolates #EthelMHolidays