There are 16 days to Christmas! This month is really flying by. Today’s post is a special one because I am sharing my Nonna’s recipe for Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino. This is a cake-like pudding (that’s not really a pudding lol) that is made in a bundt pan and it tastes amazing. You will love this recipe!
My Nonna was a really good cook. She would make pasta by hand, delicious desserts and most of it with no recipe at all. To this day, no lasagna or gnocchi comes near to hers. This is a dessert that she would make often. It is a family favourite and I have never really seen another recipe that is similar.
This recipe uses several eggs, ricotta cheese, rum, bread crumbs, crushed amaretti cookies and lemon zest. The consistency is soft and it is very moist. It actually tastes better a day after making it and I love having it with tea. It is a real comfort food for me.
Lemon ricotta is one of my favourite flavour combinations. 🙂
Eggs are so versatile and I absolutely always have some in my fridge. Eggs in Canada are some of the best in the world for quality and freshness. Eggs travel from farm to your kitchen in less than 5 days! Plus, buying Canadian Grade A Eggs ensures you are supporting over 1,000 farm families in Canada.
- 6 Fresh eggs
- 1 Container ricotta cheese
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup rum
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Packages Amaretti cookies
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- Shortening to prepare pan
- Icing sugar for sprinkling
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, ricotta and sugar together to combine.
- Grind cookies in food processor or by hand with a rolling pin and then add to the ricotta mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Add rum and lemon zest. Mix to combine. Add bread crumbs and mix again.
- Prepare a bundt pan with a coating of shortening. Then add a sprinkling of bread crumbs over the shortening to coat. Pour ricotta mixture in the pan carefully.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Cool and remove from bundt pan. Sprinkle with a touch of icing sugar.
While I have been compensated by the Egg Farmers of Canada, all opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me! #SimpleCheer #Ad