Summertime has me craving popsicles, so I tried to come up with a healthier version with these chocolate peanut butter protein popsicles. They are the perfect sweet treat for those warm summer days. Plus, they are really easy to make.
Protein can also be added to your food and snacks, and since I love to bake I find myself adding it to my favourite recipes. Since it is summer, I am adding it to treats like “healthier” popsicles.
These superfood protein energy bites use the new fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ from Genuine Health. It is a premium protein source, provides nutrients vital to good health and has more than six times the calcium of whey protein. Plus, it is super creamy and combines well with other ingredients making it perfect for cooking and baking…and popsicles!
I also feel good knowing that it is hormone and antibiotic-free, gluten-free, soy-free and non-GMO.
Fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ is available in vanilla and plain/unsweetened (which I used in this recipe) flavours at your local health food, grocery and drug retailers. They also have delicious, portable bars! Visit the Genuine Health website to find a store near you.
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Cup chocolate almond milk (or chocolate milk)
- 2 Scoops Genuine Health fermented Greek yogurt protein+
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- Peanuts, chopped
- Whisk together the popsicle ingredients.
- Pour the mixture evenly into popsicle molds.
- Add the wooden sticks and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- In a microwave, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. Mix until smooth.
- Dip the frozen popsicles in the chocolate topping and then immediately dip into the chopped peanuts.
- Place in a container and freeze until ready to eat.
Have a great day! If you don’t like peanuts you can always put sprinkles on these. 🙂