While I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, all opinions are mine. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me! #CreateYourBowl #CollectiveBias
Quinoa is a great addition to meals and can be used as a substitute for rice. Not only is it good for you, but it tastes great, too. Delicioso! 🙂 These chicken quinoa tortilla bowls are a fun twist on a favourite family meal and are loaded with fresh vegetables and wholesome grains. Mexican meals are always a hit with everyone, regardless of age.
These chicken quinoa tortilla bowls use OLD EL PASO tortilla bowls instead of traditional tortillas. They make loading up and eating extremely easy because of their bowl shape. They will take the mess out of Taco Tuesday!
Everyone loves something even if it’s only tortillas.
This is the perfect meal to enlist help with the preparation. There is something for everyone to cut, chop or dice…no super cooking skills needed, my friends. 🙂
I served this meal “taco bar” style so that everyone was able to take some creative control over the creation of their chicken quinoa tortilla bowl. If you are eating with my brother it is important to take your guacamole right away because once he takes his there is likely nothing left. #HolyGuacamole he can eat a lot!
This is also an easy meal to do most of the prep ahead of time, making it a go-to meal for those busy evenings. With the quinoa made and the vegetables prepared, you can have this meal ready in 15 minutes flat. Everything but the guacamole can be made ahead. While you are warming the quinoa and tortilla bowls, you can quickly make the guacamole.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Seasoned chicken (below)
- Salsa (below)
- Warm corn salsa (below)
- Guacamole (below)
- Peppers, tomatoes & cucumber, cut and sliced to size
- 5 to 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded
- 1 Package OLD EL PASO Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Cobs of corn, fresh
- ¼ Cup red onion, diced fine
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Small Red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cut the chicken breasts into small slices.
- Combine seasoning packet with olive oil in a zip bag. Place chicken in bag to coat and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked. Will vary on thickness of the chicken.
- Cut chicken into small pieces for serving.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Cook in skillet until slightly golden and warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, cilantro and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the salt and lime juice and mix until combined. Make just prior to serving.
I hope you have a great Wednesday! The weekend is just around the corner…thankfully!