Summer is the time when fruits and berries are plentiful. Today I am partnering with Zespri Kiwifruit to share four different ways that you can enjoy their delicious SunGold Kiwifruit. What is a SunGold Kiwifruit you ask? Well it is just like a green kiwifruit but different… 🙂
SunGold Kiwifruit contain more than three times the amount of Vitamin C found in oranges and they contain as much potassium as a banana. Did I mention they are totally yummy?!?
The SunGold Kiwifruit is sweeter than a green kiwifruit and tastes like a cross between a mango & a strawberry.
SunGold Kiwifruit are different than green kiwi fruit. I have photographed them side by side here so you can see the difference on the outside and on the inside of the kiwifruit. I love trying new fruits that I find at the market. These don’t disappoint! Look for Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit at your local supermarket from May to October.
The SunGold Kiwifruit has a smooth, hairless skin and juicy yellow flesh.
Two kiwifruit contain about the same amount of fibre as a bowl of bran flakes.
Here are four different ways that you can enjoy a SunGold Kiwifruit:
#1 Cut. Scoop. Enjoy!
The easiest way to eat is a kiwifruit is in the skin. You simply cut it in half and scoop it out with a spoon. I have been eating a kiwifruit this way since I was pre-school age. My mom used to pack a cut kiwifruit in my lunch with a spoon. Everyone in my class was always intrigued. 🙂
#2 Kiwi Coconut Chia Popsicles
These have a sweet coconut kiwi taste but with the benefits of the added chia. Yumma!!
- 1 3/4 Cups coconut milk
- 3/4 Cup soy milk
- 3/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Mix together coconut milk, soy milk, chia seeds, and agave syrup. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes for chia seeds to expand.
- Place sliced kiwifruit in mold. Press kiwifruit to the sides of the popsicle mold.
- Pour liquid mixture into popsicle molds slowly and gently. Freeze until popsicles are solid.
#3 Kiwi Ricotta Snack Crackers
These kiwi ricotta snack crackers are perfect as an appetizer or an anytime snack. Not a cracker fan? I love ricotta with a touch of honey in a bowl with cut kiwi on top. It is delicious!
- Wasa crackers
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Pumpkin seeds
- Mix together the ricotta cheese and honey. Spread over crackers.
- Place sliced kiwifruit on top of the cracker and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and enjoy.
#4 Fruit Bowl in a Pineapple Boat
This is just what you need to get the party started. I don’t think you will find anyone that won’t smile when given a fruit bowl served like this. 🙂
- 1 Pineapple
- Berries and other favourite fruit
- 1 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, cut and sliced
- Cut the top 1/4 off of a pineapple. Using a small, sharp knife, cut around the inside of the pineapple.
- With the knife slice the center of the pineapple so easier to remove. Use a spoon to scoop out the pineapple center.
- Wash fruit, berries and prepare kiwifruit. Place in pineapple boat and enjoy.
Let me know if you try any of these kiwifruit recipes!
While I have been compensated by Zespri Kiwifruit, all opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me! #Zespri4Life #Ad