I am always looking for quick, tasty and healthy meal options. This Salmon Quinoa Kale Bowl is my latest go-to on busy nights. The best part is that it makes a great lunch the next day, too. Win-win!!
I am a huge fan of salmon and eat it a lot. This Salmon Quinoa Kale Bowl recipe uses canned wild sockeye salmon (caught in the Pacific Northwest) from Raincoast Trading. I especially love that they have a no added salt variety. The canned salmon is perfect for stocking in your pantry and adding to dishes like this or salads.
I will cook quinoa ahead of time. It is a great staple to keep refrigerated and eat over a few days. It makes a great base for meals and bowls like this. Typically when making a bowl, I will add whatever I have on hand. Bowls are a great way to use leftovers! They are also one of my favourite things to take for lunch.
Based in Vancouver on the west coast of Canada, Raincoast Trading offers consumers sustainably-harvested, gourmet canned seafood. I love the fact that Raincoast Trading is the first Canadian packaged retail seafood company endorsed by the Ocean Wise™ conservation program as an environmentally-friendly seafood.
I added bit of Garlic Ginger Marinade (also from Raincoast Trading) to the Salmon Quinoa Kale Bowl just prior to eating. I also like the taste of a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
This project is supported by the BC Government’s Buy Local Program; delivered by the Investment Agriculture Foundation of BC with funding from the BC Ministry of Agriculture.
- 2 Cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Medium Yam
- 1 Handful of Kale
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 Cup Red Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 Avocado, removed from skin and sliced
- 1/2 Can of Wild Sockeye Salmon from Raincoast Trading
- 1/ Tsp Flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Ginger Marinade from Raincoast Trading (optional)
- Lemon wedge
- Peel and boil the yam. Let cool slightly and then slice. Set aside.
- Sautée the kale in a small pan with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Set aside.
- Place quinoa in a large single serving bowl.
- Add yam, kale, chickpeas, cabbage, avocado and Wild Sockeye Salmon on top.
- Garnish with flax seeds and lemon wedge.
- Season with marinade if desired.
- Can easily multiply the recipe for the number of servings needed.