These Date Peanut Bars are a delicious (almost guilt-free) snack. They are soft and chewy…and perfect for someone that loves nuts! The vegan chocolate topping can be omitted if you are looking to make a guilt-free version of these bars. I like to cut these into small snack-size squares that are easy to take on the go or in your lunch.
This recipe uses dates, natural nut butter and coconut flour. Don’t be intimidated with these ingredients if it is your first time using them. These are super easy to make!
These Date Peanut Bars are made with fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ which is a versatile protein and the perfect addition to any smoothie or baked recipe. I love how the smooth texture of this protein easily incorporates into what I am making.
Fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ is formulated to maximize absorption, strengthen your gut to improve digestive health, and provide 25 grams of fully-fermented protein from a clean, grass-fed California dairy. You will also feel good knowing that it is hormone and antibiotic-free, gluten-free, soy-free and non-GMO.
Fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ is available in vanilla (which I used in this recipe) and plain/unsweetened flavours at your local health food, grocery and drug retailers. They also have delicious, portable bars! Visit the Genuine Health website to find a store near you.
Genuine Health has provided a coupon for $5 off!
- 5-7 Dates
- ½ Cup natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ Cups peanuts, unsalted
- 1-2 scoop fermented Greek yogurt protein+
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- ½ Cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tbsp. natural almond butter
- 1/4 Cup chopped peanuts
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup cranberries
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peanut Layer: Add dates and peanut butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a sticky and crumbly mixture.
- Add in 1 cup peanuts and blend until fully-incorporated. Add in remaining ½ cup nuts, flour and proteins+. Pulse food processor a few times to incorporate.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press down and smooth to create an even layer.
- Chocolate Layer: In a bowl, add the chocolate chip and almond butter. Melt in the microwave.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the peanut layer. Smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle toppings evenly over the bars. Press gently into the chocolate layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. When set, remove and cut into bars.