Last month I found out that I have Type 1 diabetes. Talk about life changing when you are a foodie! I now have to watch how much sugar I consume and count my intake of carbohydrates. What better reason to try making some sugar free low carb treats!
I actually always wanted to try this recipe for brownies with avocado in them. It is surprising how moist they are. They are definitely chocolatey, too. I hope you try these out and love them as much as I do!
- 2 Avocados, ripe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup your fave non sugar sweetener
- 1/2 Cup almond meal
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
- Crushed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and then set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor. Process for 45 seconds to 1 minute. It will become a thick brownie batter.
- Place the batter into the prepared pan. Spread the top evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove from oven. Sprinkle crushed nuts on top and press down lightly.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan to cool on a rack.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and let me know if you make them!!!