I am a huge fan of peanut butter and an even bigger fan of peanut butter cookies. These gluten free PB & J cookies need to be next on your baking list. Since becoming gluten free I have been on the hunt for recipes for good treats that are gluten free. For these cookies, I tweaked an old favourite recipe to create this recipe that is gluten free and low sugar.
These Gluten free PB & J cookies will solve all your sweet tooth needs. You are welcome to add any other add-ins that you want (such as chocolate chips). I chose peanuts just because I love chunky bits in my cookies. The jam topping is optional but it definitely adds a little extra sweetness on top. These PB & J cookies are so easy to tweak and make them your own special version.
These cookies are super easy to make and I guarantee they won’t last long because they are so tasty. They are perfect for a snack or if you like a little something sweet with your tea.
- 1 Cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. gluten free flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- Sugar free jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir to completely combine, but do not over mix.
- Scoop out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Use a fork to make cross hatches on top of the dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Bake until the edges just start to turn colour.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool on a rack. Once cooled, top with a small spoon of jam.
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try this recipe.