I love having a dairy free green tea matcha latte in the morning. It has started to replace my coffee many days and I really feel that it is making me feel a lot more energetic. A matcha latte has many health benefits as well as giving me the caffeine that I really need in the morning!
Matcha is full of antioxidants, it boosts your metabolism and it is full of fiber and vitamins. When you first try matcha, you may want to half the amount of match until you get used to it.
I add add to mine but you can substitute sugar or Splenda. I first got hooked on the matcha latte at Starbucks but then they changed it so you can’t order without sweetener. It is was then that I decided to learn how to make it at home. Once I Started to make the matcha latte at home, I never went back.
I try to avoid dairy because of reactions with medication, but sometimes add in real butter in this recipe. It makes it so creamy and is a nice treat. If you don’t like almond milk you can use regular milk.
- 1/2 Cup boiling water
- 2 Tsp. matcha
- 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter or other non-dairy "butter"
- 1 Tsp. honey (or more to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Cups almond milk
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan until steaming. Froth and set aside
- Add all the other ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until well combined and frothy.
- Pour in a mug and then gently pour or spoon the frothed almond milk on top.
Even Beau loves my dairy free green tea matcha latte!
I hope you enjoy this. I have had many requests for this recipe after showing it often on my Instagram stories. Let me know if you try it! 🙂