Beau and I had the chance to head out on a winter adventure with Ford Canada for National Love Your Pet Day! It was on February 20th, but we went big with celebrating and filled several days full of fun activities for Beau and I. Beau loves spending time with his family and outdoors, so I was so excited to head out on a trip with him. Beau will be my adventure partner for life!
Our first stop was out to the Chilliwack area. It was a really cold day, so we made a fire, set up a tent and enjoyed the sunrise. The tent was perfect to keep a bit warmer and out of the wind. Beau loves the snow and it was really fun just to relax with him and enjoy the view. Beau really does get cold, so I had to make sure he kept warm and comfortable.
Ford Canada equipped us with a new Ford Escape for the week. It is a great vehicle to take on a road trip. I drove it when I was in Montreal at a Ford Canada event and it was my favourite out of all the vehicles I drove.
The Ford Escape is perfect for all weather and all areas. We went from snow, to gravel to the city streets. It is the perfect vehicle for me. I love that it has a lot of storage space because I often don’t travel light. Here are some items I would consider taking when you’re nowhere near civilisation.
For dog lovers, you will find that the back easily fits even a large dog kennel for safe travels.
The inside of the Ford is perfect for a winter adventure. I loved the heated seats…and so did Beau. The Ford Escape has a lot of awesome features like SYNC 3 which is easy-to-use, responsive voice-activated technology with Wi-Fi Hotspot connectivity.
Beau loves music while we drive, so we both enjoyed the Apple CarPlay. 🙂
Pet owners will appreciate the dog friendly features of the Ford Escape such as:
- Rear-view camera: The camera can alert the driver if your pet is behind the vehicle before there is an incident.
- Lower bumper height: This allows dogs to jump in and out the vehicle more easily without being lifted in.
- Load-flat floor and seats: These come in handy for making room for even the biggest dog crate. If you are still thinking about getting a crate though, then you might be interested in checking out these crates here, as your dog won’t escape these crates.
- Second-row storage in the floor compartments are the perfect place to store Beau’s dry food. The bins are large enough for travel-size containers for food or snacks.
- A hands-free lift gate makes it easy for pet owners to load items in the back like large cages or food containers.
- Metal trunk loops in the rear cargo are great for securing your pet. The dog leash can be fastened to the clip when the cargo door is open and keep your dog from jumping out.
- Ford Sync 3: This will give you directions to the nearest vet clinic or pet stores while traveling…or directions to the nearest pet store for more treats. 🙂
This picture was taken along the Chilliwack River! Beau is a bird dog and really enjoys being near (and in) the water.
Our next stop on our National Love Your Pet Day adventure was into the mountains for a helicopter ride with Nick at Compass Helicopter Tours. Nick always takes me on the best adventures! We bought him child sized ear protection to wear in the helicopter. This was Beau’s first helicopter ride and at this point I don’t think car ride with ever satisfy him anymore.
My friend Annika…who Beau loves more than me ..joined us.
Like…how cute is he?!!
After all the snow and cold weather, Beau and I decided to head to the city. Beau isn’t really a city dog but he always enjoys coming to my house because there are so many other dogs to see (and smell) .
I took him along the seawall in Vancouver for a walk and he really enjoyed that. He saw lots of birds and other dogs. I swear he makes friends faster then I do. Pro-tip…Dogs are a great way to meet people…at least other dog people and really those are the best people.
The we went to the rainbow side walk on Davie Street and stopped for a quick photo.
Beau looks adorable in these cute heart bike racks we found in that area, too.
Then we enjoyed a nice coffee together. Beau likes his beverage with lots of milk and no coffee. 🙂
Our next stop was a stay with Annika at the Fairmount Hotel Vancouver. The beds were so comfy and cozy there! They really cater to guests with pets, which makes a stay there very enjoyable with your dog along. Beau met several other dogs in the lobby at the Fairmont that day.
Beau and I had such a great time with all of our activities and it was so easy to get around with the Ford Escape. Any day spent with your dog is a good day as far as I am concerned.
Thanks for following along on our adventures.
This blog post is brought you in collaboration with Ford Canada. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me.