Lemon Basil Strawberry Gin Rickey Cocktail
I’ll never get tired of refreshing summer cocktail recipes. This strawberry gin rickey cocktail is a sweet and fruity cocktail with gin. You need to make a strawberry basil simple syrup and then combine it with the other ingredients. This is a tasty variation on a classic gin rickey to try this summer.
Print Save Saved!
Strawberry basil simple syrup
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2/3 Cup strawberries fresh and sliced
- 4 basil leaves
- 1/2 Cup strawberry basil simple syrup
- 1/2 Cup gin
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup club soda
- 2 1/2 Cup ice
Prepare the strawberry basil simple syrup. In a small pot over medium heat combine the sugar, water, sliced strawberries and basil leaves.
Bring to a simmer and cook until the strawberries are mushy and the syrup has thickened, around 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
Prepare the cocktail: In a small pitcher combine the strawberry basil simple syrup, gin and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add the ice and top with the soda.
Serve immediately garnished with mint sprigs, basil leaves, lemon slices or fresh strawberries
- You can prepare the strawberry basil simple syrup in advance. It lasts refrigerated for up to a week so you can double or triple the recipe and have it ready to go.
- You can also use sparkling water instead of soda! It’s incredibly delicious too.
- Adjust the soda to your taste. If you prefer a stronger cocktail ½ cup will be great for you. However if you prefer something more refreshing or less strong go with 1 cup.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.