Disneyland Park in Southern California is a favorite holiday destination for generations of kids and parents alike. While it wasn’t my first visit to the park, this trip was extra fun because it was my first time going with friends! We had a blast! It was especially fun seeing the new Pixar Pier and the Halloween decorations.
Walt Disney’s original Disneyland Park first opened on July 17, 1955. Today, this magical kingdom features eight lavishly themed lands:
- Main Street U.S.A. – the entrance to Disneyland with the turn-of-the-century architecture and transportation
- Tomorrowland – a spaceport where you can explore infinity.
- Fantasyland – meet the villains and heroes from well-known Disney’s stories
- Mickey’s Toontown – a charming miniature interactive metropolis
- Frontierland – a land that celebrates the pioneers and settlers of the Old West
- Critter Country – explore the deep backwoods with its waterfalls, railroads, and chorus of critters.
- New Orleans Square – explore the land of buried treasures and celebrate Mardi Gras all year round
- Adventureland – the land of intrigue, excitement, dark jungles, and Indiana Jones.
From sailing with pirates to rocketing through the stars, Disneyland Park in Southern California is a place where all your Disney dreams can come true. Millions of people from around the world come each year to discover the wonders of this magical world in California’s south.
What is your favourite land at Disney? I think mine is Fantasyland or Tomorrowland…or maybe Adventureland. It’s so hard to pick!?!
I loved all the seasonal decorations. My last visit was in October, too. I would really like to visit when they have the Christmas decor up….next trip for sure!
BELLA’S TOP 5 MUST DO – Disneyland Park
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Board a speeding train for an exciting ride through an old mine and dash in and out of rocky caves. Rumbling through the gravelly caverns will get you an adrenaline rush and make you laugh to tears.
Pirates of the Caribbean – Sail on a dreamy journey to a long-forgotten time, when pirates wrought havoc on the high seas.
Space Mountain – Explore the most mysterious reaches of outer space while blasting off on a speeding rocket.
Splash Mountain – Embark on a noisy log waterfall ride featuring characters and songs from the classic Disney film Song of the South.
Fireworks at Disneyland Park – You will be taken aback with spectacular fireworks, timeless music and surprise appearances by some of your favorite classic Disney characters.
MUST TASTE – Disneyland Eats
Tiki Juice Bar – Crave pineapple? This is a sure must-taste then! Visit Tiki Juice Bar and indulge a taste of sunshine with the DOLE WHIP, a famous frozen treat. In addition, the counter outside Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room serves pineapple spears and juice. You can also try DOLE WHIP® floats and fruit bowls.
I have a vlog! Check it out on YouTube for higher quality HERE>>>
Disney California Adventure
This is a world where the heroes and characters from Disney and Pixar come alive. Pixar Pier is a newly re-imagined themed land at Disney California Adventure Park that celebrates beloved Pixar stories and characters with themed attractions, foods, and fun.
In Disney California Adventure you can explore seven thrilling lands with their timeless entertainment:
- Buena Vista Street – discover the vintage Los Angeles from the time when Walt Disney discovered it.
- Grizzly Peak – an outdoor adventure for the whole family to explore and enjoy. From exciting spinning plunge on Grizzly River Run to wonders of our planet, this land will provide a lot of thrill.
- Hollywood Land – a place where the Golden Age of Hollywood comes alive with unforgettable entertainment and superstar attractions.
- Pacific Wharf – discover this waterside heaven with a selection of restaurants and dining areas offering delicious meals and yummy sweets.
- Paradise Pier – explore this thrilling land of Disney and Pixar characters and boardwalk adventures.
- Cars Land – inspired by Disney Pixar movie Cars, this land filled with your favorite Cars characters and adventures.
Pixar Pier….it’s NEW!
Despite its name, Pixar Pier is not actually a pier, but a waterside area of this amazing park. Here you’ll find a magnificent Incredicoaster sprawling across most of the park. My fave attractions here were:
- Incredicoaster – This is an exhilarating ride into the world of The Incredibles. Don’t miss this newly-imagined ride! Seriously…you can’t miss this!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Another newly re-imagined attraction invites you to climb aboard for a Ferris wheel experience that really rocks… swoops and whirls—high above Pixar Pier. A true adrenaline-boosting experience.
BELLA’S TOP 5 MUST DO – Disney California Adventure
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – Be part of a thrilling mission to rescue the Guardians of the Galaxy from high up in The Collector’s fortress!
Grizzly River Run – An exciting whitewater raft adventure not to miss! This easy ride will take you roaring down a California river and into the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Soarin’ Around the World – Feel the wind race across your face during a breezy above-ground flight. You’ll find yourself above some of the most breathtaking wonders throughout the world!
Turtle Talk with Crush – Take a “hydrophone” and have a live chat with Crush, the funny, tube-shaped turtle from Finding Nemo, and his Finding Dory pals. The kids especially enjoy tis Turtle Talk.
Paint the Night – Paint the Night is the biggest and most Pixar-powered parade in Disney California Adventure Park history. Enjoy being a part of such splendid spectacle.
MUST TASTE – Disney California Adventure
Cozy Cone Motel – Check in at Sally’s for amazing treats. Try different “i-cone-ic” sweets at each of the 5 colossal orange painted cones. They also serve yummy treats such as flavored popcorn, churros, chili “cone” queso, and pretzel bites. For Guests 21 and over, there are soft-serve “route” beer floats and high-octane limeade available. Who wants to join me?!?
Finally…Pro Tips (lol…)
- FASTPASS – get FASTPASS my friends! You can book your rides in advance with the app. Seriously I can’t imagine going to the parks and not using this.
- Early Access –Get to the park early for best photo opportunities. Plan your attack especially if you want photos without a lot of other people in them. My last two trips I was able to get great images this way.
- Eating gluten free – I didn’t have much trouble at all eating gluten free. The Storytellers Café has the BEST gluten free pancakes I have ever eaten. Yummy!
If you haven’t had enough Disneyland yet…check out my post from my last trip HERE.
This post has been sponsored by Disneyland. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me.