Most of us wait excitedly for summer. The season is particularly loved because it brings with it lots of sunshine, joy and warmth. Dressing up in bright colours, taking long walks along the neighborhood and soaking in the sun are things everyone dreams of all year. But nothing says summer, quite like ice cream. If you are on the hunt for the best ice cream recipes — I got you! You will love these handmade ice cream recipes.
Here are a few tips, tricks and recipes to help you whip up some indulgent flavours. You will be delighted by how easy they are. Whether you love the rich texture of chocolate or the lovely crunch of nuts in your icecream you’re sure to find a few favourites in this carefully selected list of 60 of the best ice cream recipes.
Ice Cream Facts
National Ice Cream Day is on July 20th! It is time to pull out the ice cream recipes as well as the ice cream puns and jokes! However, before we get down to business here are a few fun facts for all ice cream lovers.
Did you know –
- You can finish a scoop of ice cream in almost 50 licks?
- The USA is the country that consumes the most amount of ice cream!
- A recipe book from 1665 was where the first ice cream recipe was written.
- There are some strange flavours out there like avocado, garlic and bacon.
- The biggest ice cream sundae weighed 24 tons and was created in Canada in 1988.
- Italy holds the record for the tallest ice cream cone at 9 feet tall.
- The largest ice cream cake in the world weighed 12,096 pounds!
- Ice cream sundaes were actually made for Sundays.
- Vanilla is the most popular flavour.
- 1 in 10 people admit to licking the bowl clean after eating ice creams.
Handmade Ice Cream Making Tips
Homemade ice cream recipes require a mix of skill, patience and love. Here are ten top tips to be mindful of to ensure your ice cream is nothing short of perfect.
- Freeze the freezing container for at least 24 hours.
- Try and use as much cream as possible. More cream and less milk is the way to go!
- Choose solid sweeteners since liquid sweeteners like honey increase iciness.
- Powder or blend the solid sweetener before you use it.
- Don’t overfill your ice cream maker. Fill it till ½ or ⅔ capacity.
- Use lots of creamy ingredients like egg yolks.
- Pick a cooler spot in the house to churn your ice cream.
- Maximize freezing power by chilling the filling thoroughly.
- Be careful with mix-ins. Use small pieces the size of chocolate chips.
- Cover the container with a layer of plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent the formation of ice crystals.
I have had this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for a few years and love it.
The Best Ice Cream Recipes
Someone right said that ‘Summer is a season, where eating ice cream is a reason!’. And this year we need all the more reasons to brighten up our days. A lot of you must have spent the last few months mastering your culinary skills. For all you newly minted master chefs, it is now time to level up and learn how to make your own ice cream. I even included some vegan recipes below but there are so tasty great easy vegan ice cream recipes out to there to try.
Nuts About Nuts
Nuts are not just delicious but also healthy. However, the nuts sprinkled in store bought ice creams are hardly enough. The best part about using a homemade ice cream recipe is that you can add more of the ingredients that you love. So if you adore almonds or crave cashews, you can go all out and get as nutty as you want. With these ice creams you will surely spread joy as thick as peanut butter.
- Jim Bean Pecan Pie
- Dark Chocolate Chip Almond
- Avocado Pistachio Matcha
- Raw Vegan Chunky Monkey
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Honey Nut
On a hot summer afternoon, all you need is your favourite TV show and a bowl of freshly churned ice cream filled with the juiciest and ripest berries. This list of best ice cream recipes includes some flavourful handmade ice cream recipes that are very-berry easy to make. Choose any and get ready to take a spin in a world full of summery vibes.
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Cherry Garcia
- Fresh Raspberry and Brownie Chunk
- Chamomile Blackberry
- Strawberry Swirl
- Blueberry Lemon
Good ‘n Fruity
Fruit is nothing but nature’s candy. Whenever you step out for a grocery run next, pick up a batch of your favourite fruits from the farmer’s market to treat yourself. From fresh fruit ice cream to breezy sorbets, get ready to embrace some healthy choices with these homemade ice cream recipes.
Never underestimate the versatility and power of chocolates. They are the pick me up that you need on a dull day and the things which make a good day – better! This list of the best ice cream recipes has some exquisite chocolaty handmade ice cream flavours. Once you make a tub full of this goodness you will want to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Nutella Banana
- Espresso Chocolate Chip
- Mint Cookies & Cream
- Turtle Ice Cream
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
On the days when you want to try something different swap out the ice cream for its healthier version – the froyo. These recipes are easy and the outcomes are quite breezy to taste. You are bound to get used to these and the best part is that you can indulge in them whenever you want without an ounce of guilt.
For those of you who are new to the world of homemade ice cream recipes – these no churn ice creams will save your day. You won’t need any ice cream maker to make any of these. Simply put together your favourite ingredients and save yourself some cooking time. Even on your busiest days you will have some ice cream to dig into – because – no churner, no problem!
- Twix Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel
- Rocky Road
- Key Lime Pie
- Peanut Butter Jelly Ice Cream
- Coffee Chip
Fun, Fun, Fun
Never, ever, underestimate the importance of having fun. If you are stuck indoors on a dull day, look to these fun homemade ice cream recipes to spruce up your time. Regardless of whether you pick the unicorn sprinkles or the tiger tail – don’t forget to have fun!
- Cotton Candy
- Strawberry Shortcake Macaron
- Crushed Waffle Cone
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Tiger Tail
- Birthday Cake
All the Classics
There are a few classics that everyone swears by – a black dress, a good book and an age-old homemade ice cream recipe. These are a few things that will not let you down, come what may. If you’re hosting friends at home you can never go wrong with a classic like vanilla, Neapolitan or chocolate. Pick any, and serve up some ice cream goals.
Are you in a mood to experiment? In this list of homemade ice cream recipes you will find a wide range of crazy flavours that you can explore. Try some never-heard-before flavour combinations like goat cheese with cherry or any other. Just pick the quirkiest of the lot and run wild with it!
Want to try These
Lastly, here is an additional treat for all the ice cream lovers who have worked through the list of best ice cream recipes and are still craving for more. These ice cream bars and sandwiches taste just as AMAZING as they sound! Reward yourself with one of these bonus homemade ice cream sandwich recipes. They will rejuvenate you like nothing else.
- Vegan Mango Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Super Food Ice Cream Bars
- Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
Bookmark this list of 60 of the best ice cream recipes. In the coming months have fun experimenting with these numerous handmade ice cream flavours. Because no matter what, life is always better with ice cream!