Christmas is just around the corner and it is almost hard to believe! Today’s post is a special one because I am sharing my Nonna’s recipe for Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino. This is a cake-like pudding (that’s not really a pudding lol) that is made in a bundt pan and it tastes amazing. You will love this recipe!
My Nonna was a really good cook. She would make pasta by hand, delicious desserts and most of it with no recipe at all. To this day, no lasagna or gnocchi comes near to hers. This is a dessert that she would make often. It is a family favourite and I have never really seen another Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino recipe that is similar.
This recipe uses several eggs, ricotta cheese, rum, bread crumbs, crushed amaretti cookies and lemon zest. The consistency is soft and it is very moist. It actually tastes better a day after making it, and I love having it with tea. It is a real comfort food for me and something I enjoy eating with my family on a cold winters day.
Lemon ricotta is one of my favourite flavour combinations. 🙂
This Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino recipe requires 6 fresh eggs, and I am fortunate to have so many local farms around that supply fresh eggs. Eggs are so versatile, and I absolutely always have some in my fridge. In Canada, the eggs are some of the best in the world for quality and freshness. The Eggs travel from the farm to your kitchen in less than 5 days!
Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino Recipe
Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino
- 6 eggs
- 1 Container ricotta cheese
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup rum
- 1 lemon zest only
- 2 Packages Amaretti cookies
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Shortening to prepare pan
- 1/4 Cup Icing sugar for sprinkling
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, ricotta and sugar together to combine.
- Grind cookies in food processor or by hand with a rolling pin and then add to the ricotta mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Add rum and lemon zest. Mix to combine. Add bread crumbs and mix again.
- Prepare a bundt pan with a coating of shortening. Then add a sprinkling of bread crumbs over the shortening to coat. Pour ricotta mixture in the pan carefully.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Cool and remove from bundt pan. Sprinkle with a touch of icing sugar.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Happy Holidays! Let me know if you try this budino recipe.