When it comes to wanting to dig into some sweet treats, just know that I may or may not have any self-control. For those of you who are just like me and want to find some balance of health while satisfying that sweet tooth of yours, then keep reading for these deliciously vegan and gluten-free strawberry oat bars!
My vegan gluten-free strawberry oat bars may sound rather unconvincing to fellow sweet-lovers. But just trust me! These bad boys give you the ideal balance of fresh sweetness with a little added crunch that will keep you coming back for seconds. And thirds.
This can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries. You can even add in other berries, like blueberries. So many options!
They are awesome for being packed with great flavour, but they are actually a pretty healthy alternative to other “nutrition bars” that are filled with sugars and refined carbs that make you feel bloated and give you a sugar crash. These natural, gluten-free oats are going to give you energy for the day and fresh fruit will make you feel fuller longer. If you want, you can totally add more than just strawberries – throw in some blueberries, kiwis, and even dates.
My helpful tip for you is to use fresh, farmer’s market strawberries instead of prepackaged, frozen ones. Not only are you supporting your local farmers, but that fresh taste is unparalleled to anything in the frozen foods section.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Oat Bars Recipe
Vegan + Gluten-Free Strawberry Oat Bars
For the Filling:
- In a bowl combine and frozen berries with the dry ingredients.
- If using fresh berries, hull and quarter them and then combine with the dry ingredients.
- Set aside while making the crust.
For the Crust & Topping:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8 inch baking dish with oil or vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in coconut oil and mix well.
- Press about half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of your baking dish to make the crust.
- Scoop the strawberry mixture on top of the crust layer.
- Add the rest of the oat mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
You can really snack on these for a quick breakfast or pack them for after a long, adventurous hike with buddies. However, you enjoy them, just know that you are going to enjoy them regardless of what time of day or where you eat them at!
Let me know how you like these vegan gluten-free strawberry oat bars!