This air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts recipe infuses chicken with the best Italian flavours. Chicken, tomatoes and provolone cheese pair up beautifully in this easy chicken recipe. Whip up this easy bruschetta chicken bake for dinner and you won’t be disappointed. It is such a great air fryer chicken recipe that you can enjoy year round.
Puff pastry sheets combine with the other ingredients in this bruschetta chicken bake to yield a moist, juicy and totally delicious result.
Why not make it for tonight’s dinner? As air fryer chicken recipes go, this one is a real winner.
Italian Air Fryer Chicken Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients for the best air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts. Of course you’ll need chicken breasts to make this, along with puff pastry sheets.
I haven’t tried making this with chicken thighs or using an alternative type of pastry. You could use thighs if you want or even turkey. As for the pastry, I’d stick with puff pastry because it works so well here.
Tomatoes, basil, provolone, and an egg are other main ingredients. Italian seasoning, garlic and balsamic glaze add more flavour. If you’re already a fan of caprese salad you will know how great tomatoes, basil and cheese are together.
Using Roma tomatoes and fire-roasted tomatoes, plus garlic powder, garlic flakes and fresh garlic adds more dimension to the overall taste of the air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts.
How to Make this Easy Chicken Recipe
The first thing to do when making bruschetta chicken bake is to get the chicken nice and thin. Use the flat side of a meat mallet to do this and have the chicken between plastic wrap sheets.
After that you can season the chicken with Italian seasoning and garlic. Mix the tomatoes and other ingredients together. Top the chicken with the cheese and then the tomato mixture. You can then roll the chicken up to enclose the filling and then seal the whole thing in puff pastry sheets.
This air fryer chicken with chicken, tomatoes and provolone cheese takes about 20 minutes to cook in the air fryer. Cut through the puff pastry sheets to reveal the juicy chicken rolled around a beautiful bruschetta inspired filling.
Air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts isn’t hard to make and the flavour is amazing. You’ll love this easy chicken recipe.
What to Serve with It
Any side dishes would be nice alongside air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts. How do mashed potatoes and green beans sound? Garlic bread and sautéed Brussels sprouts would be another idea. Or you could consider a green salad with citrus vinaigrette for contrasting flavours.
You can swap the Italian appeal for a Mexican touch by subbing Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies for the fire-roasted ones, the Italian seasoning for a pinch each of cumin and oregano, the basil for cilantro, and the provolone for Mexican blend cheese. If you want to do this, omit the balsamic glaze from the filling mixture.
It’s also possible to switch one or two ingredients in the recipe to better suit your preferences. For example, this is delicious with chicken, tomatoes and provolone cheese but mozzarella slices are a nice alternative. In fact mozzarella is more common in bruschetta inspired recipes. So just pick whichever you prefer. Or use both!
If you don’t have Italian seasoning on hand, you can use individual herbs. A mixture of basil, rosemary, oregano, parsley, thyme, garlic, and red chili flakes are typical ingredients in Italian seasoning. So you can use a pinch of whichever ones you have.
This bruschetta chicken bake is definitely versatile. You might also like to grind in some chili flakes or add a pinch of chilli powder (or hot sauce) to ramp up the heat a little. You can also adjust the quantities if you want less or more garlic, for example.
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Chicken
What if you have leftover air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts? Well the good news is they will keep for a few days in the refrigerator in a closed container. You can reheat this easy chicken recipe in the microwave.
However I find the puff pastry goes a bit soggy that way. I’d recommend 15 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven. That way the pastry stays crisper.
You can also freeze air fryer bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts. Bake them in the oven for 35 minutes at 375 degrees F from frozen.
Air Fryer Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Air Fryer Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Can fire roasted tomatoes diced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1/4 Cup basil fresh chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 8 Slices provolone cheese
- 2 Sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg whisked, for egg wash
- 1 Tablespoon water for egg wash
- 1 Tablespoon garlic flakes dried
- Lay out chicken breasts on a plastic wrap lined wooden cutting board. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the chicken and pound out to 1/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Season both sides of the chicken.
- Dice the Roma tomatoes and fresh basil and mince the garlic cloves. Add to a bowl with half the can of diced fire roasted tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic glaze, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Place the sliced provolone over the chicken breast. Top with 3 to 4 tablespoons of bruschetta mix. Roll the chicken over the bruschetta to form a log, using the plastic wrap to tightly wrap.
- Roll out puff pastry down on a lightly floured cutting board. Cut each sheet in half down the length
- Place Chicken into the center of the puff pastry. Starting with the end pieces, wrap the chicken with the dough.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Lay out the chicken pastries seam side down. Brush puff pastry with egg wash then sprinkle with dried garlic flakes. Use a knife to lightly score the top of the pastry.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and arrange chicken inside leaving 1/2 of an inch between each piece. Cook for 20 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I know you are going to love this bruschetta chicken bake with chicken, tomatoes and provolone cheese. These are already delicious but enclosing them in puff pastry sheets adds an unusual and very tasty element to the dish.