If you’re looking for a loaded slow cooker taco dip recipe, this Mexican inspired party dip should tick all your boxes! Once you’ve prepared the ingredients and loaded them in your slow cooker, you can simply forget about this game day recipe until it’s ready. That way, you can focus on making other dishes, making this crockpot appetizer a great choice if you’re having folks over.
South of the border ingredients such as beef, refried beans, corn, cheese, tomatoes, pepperoncini, and more feature in this mouth-watering loaded slow cooker taco dip. Slow cooking this crockpot appetizer means all the flavours mellow and combine, for an amazing result.
Ingredients Needed for this Game Day Recipe
If you enjoy making Mexican inspired and Tex Mex style dishes, you will already have most of the ingredients for this crockpot appetizer to hand. If not, any Mexican grocery store or reasonably sized grocery store should carry all or most of them.
This party dip is based on beef, onion, taco seasoning, refried beans, corn, cheese, and tomatoes. You also need pepperoncini, jalapenos, mayo, taco sauce, cilantro, and chipotle chillies.
Since this is a layered, loaded slow cooker taco dip, you have the freedom to change any of the ingredients you want. Some of the possible substitutions include:
- Pork or chicken instead of beef
- Another kind of cheese in place of nacho cheese
- Plain canned (or thawed) corn instead of fiesta corn
- Kidney beans rather than refried beans
You can also omit any ingredients you don’t want to use in this game day recipe. A lot of the ingredients including sliced jalapenos, pepperoncini, taco seasoning and nacho cheese can be found on Amazon. A homemade low sodium taco seasoning is an option you may want to consider. Oh, and you’ll also need some tortilla chips or even some air fryer bagel chips for serving this party dip.
How to Make Loaded Slow Cooker Taco Dip
Sauté the onions for a few minutes before adding the beef and browning that. Next, add taco seasoning and the pepperoncini juice and cook for another few minutes. Drain off the excess liquid.
Now spritz some non-stick spray into your crockpot. Spread the refried beans over the bottom, followed by a layer of nacho cheese, and then a layer of meat.
Stir the corn, tomatoes, jalapeno, pepperoncini, mayo, and taco sauce together. Spread this over the beef layer in the slow cooker. Add the dried chillies and some more pepperoncini slices on top of that.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Pick out the chillies and discard them. Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve this Crockpot Mexican dip warm with tortilla chips.
What to Serve with this Crockpot Appetizer
Although tortilla chips are the most obvious choice for this loaded slow cooker taco dip, that isn’t your only option. Crusty baguette slices, potato chips, crackers, corn chips, or even vegetable crudités can be paired with it.
If you’re making it as a game day recipe, you can also make some other easy snack foods, such as homemade muffins or jalapeno popcorn. This slow cooker Mexican dip pairs well with other appetizers and snack foods.
Loaded Slow Cooker Taco Dip FAQs
If your party dip is ready sooner than you need it, simply keep the lid on the crockpot and put it on the ‘keep warm’ setting until serving. If it starts to set, add a little milk and stir it in to loosen it up a bit.
Save time making this recipe by using your Instant Pot. Cook the meat using the sauté feature until it’s browned, then mix in the onions and pepperoncini juice and cook for another minute or so.
Something else you could do is prepare the beef layer and either refrigerate it for up to 2 days or freeze it for up to a month before proceeding with the recipe. Now you can add the toppings, put on the lid and set the valve to sealing. Give the dip about 5 minutes on high pressure then use a quick release, stir and serve.
It’s a blend of cheeses which is often prepared with sliced chilies and gentle spices. It’s typically poured over tortilla chips or served as a dip. If you don’t want to use the canned version, you can make your own with shredded cheese and (optionally) chopped tomatoes and/or chillies.
Loaded Slow Cooker Taco Dip Recipe
Loaded Slow Cooker Taco Dip
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Packet taco seasoning 1oz
- 1 Tablespoon pepperoncini juice from the can
- 1 Can refried beans 16oz
- 1 Can nacho cheese 14oz
- 1 Can corn fiesta, 15 Ounces, drained
- 1 Can tomatoes and green chiles 10 Ounces
- 2 Tablespoon pickled jalapeno green, slices
- 1 Cup pepperoncini canned, sliced
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup taco sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers dried
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add the diced onions. Saute for 5 minutes to soften, then add the ground beef.
- Break apart the ground beef and brown. Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the beef.
- Pour in the pepperoncini juice and stir until the seasoning has dissolved into the meat and onions, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the liquid from the beef.
- Lightly spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add the canned refried beans to the bottom and evenly spread.
- Next, pour the nacho cheese over the refried beans and spread into an even layer.
- Top the cheese with the taco meat.
- Combine fiesta corn, tomatoes and green chiles, pickled jalapeno, pepperoncini, mayo, and taco sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well and spread evenly over the taco meat. Smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Add the dried chiles and a few slices of pepperoncini on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Remove and discard the chiles. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
This Mexican inspired crockpot taco dip is simple to prepare and pairs beautifully with tortilla chips. It’s a great dish for your game day buffet table and is sure to disappear fast!
Other Recipes You Will Love
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.