I ❤ making scones! These are scones that you wouldn’t want to miss because they are so tasty and sweet. I love the flavour combination in s’mores, so I thought I would try to make a s’more scones recipe.
I have been baking like crazy to share a lot of holiday baking recipes with you over the next month. I think my whole family is going to be overweight soon! The house smelled just heavenly today. I can’t wait to share the recipes with you soon. These s’more scones are a little extra special making them great for your holiday baking.
S’more Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- ⅔ cup marshmallows mini
For the Glaze
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1½ tbsp water
- ½ cup marshmallows mini
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips mini
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in yogurt, egg, vanilla and milk. Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until dough comes together. Shape dough into an eight inch circle. Cut into 8 pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Don't overcook.
- While scones are cooling, whisk together icing sugar and salt. Melt butter and water together over medium low heat. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Add to sugar mixture and whisk until combined and smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over scones. Allow to cool.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Try out these parchment paper sheets for baking scones. They are easy to use, keep things from burning, and make clean up a breeze.
I hope you enjoy these s’more scones and try not to eat more than one! Have a great weekend! I have to work today and then I am off to a hockey game. Just a typical Saturday for me.