S’more scones are the perfect idea when you love both s’mores and scones. This chocolate marshmallow scones recipe pairs beautifully with a morning cup of coffee or afternoon tea. So, if you love that gooey s’more texture and you want to try something deliciously different, make this easy treat. With their blend of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow flavours, these scones are a perfect way to indulge in a classic treat any time of year.
It doesn’t have to be National S’mores Day to make and enjoy this easy scone recipe with graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. These wonderful treats are simple to make and taste incredible.
Why You’ll Love S’mores Scones
- Simple: You only need 10 ingredients to make this sweet scone recipe and there is nothing difficult, so it’s an ideal choice even for baking beginners.
- Tasty: There’s nothing not to love about this unusual scones recipe. If you’re a s’mores fan, I’m sure you’re going to enjoy the flavour of these little treats.
- Popular: Planning a party or celebration? S’more scones are always really popular, so you might even want to double up for a bigger batch. These are sure to disappear very fast.
S’mores Graham Cracker Scones Ingredients
The ingredients you need to make these include flour, crushed graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, butter, vanilla, chocolate chunks, and mini marshmallows. The optional ingredients are graham cracker crumbs, melted chocolate and marshmallow sprinkles.
How to Make Scones with S’mores
For more detailed instructions, with weights and measurements, jump to the printable recipe card.
Combine the scone dough ingredients: Mix the cream, lemon juice and vanilla in one bowl and the flour, crushed graham crackers, baking powder and salt in another.
Mix in more ingredients: Cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter or fork and then add the cream mixture to the flour mixture, and add the chocolate and marshmallows too.
Prepare the dough: Once the ingredients are combined, ball up the dough, roll it out, and cut into squares.
Cook the s’more scones: Bake them in the oven on a parchment paper lined baking sheet until golden brown.
Add the finishing touches: Drizzle the top of the scones with melted milk or dark chocolate and add graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow sprinkles too, if liked.
Substitutions and Variations
These are perfect as they are, but they are also tweak-able. For the melted chocolate chunks, you can use any kind of chocolate chips you want. If you don’t want the scones to come out too sweet, you might want to use bittersweet chocolate, since milk chocolate or white chocolate (not the traditional s’mores choice but still good) could make them too sweet. The melted marshmallows already add a lot of sweetness, but palates do vary so take your pick.
What to Serve with Chocolate Marshmallow Scones
Since these are so rich and filling, serving them by themselves is probably best, unless you’re making a dessert platter. Coffee or tea pairs beautifully with scone recipes.
Store: Keep any leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for 2 or 3 days at room temperature.
Freeze: Another option is to freeze them. They’ll last for 2 or 3 months in the freezer. After that, they’re still safe to eat but they won’t taste quite as good.
The combination of chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers in s’more inspired desserts creates a delicious and satisfying flavour profile many people enjoy. If you like these s’mores scones and are a s’mores fan, you might also like these s’mores brownie bite truffles, OMG s’mores bars, s’mores brownies or s’more pie pops with Nutella.
Scone Recipe FAQs
It’s completely up to you and you can use a food processor, pastry cutter or fork, or you can simply use your hands if you prefer. The dough is easy to handle, even when packed with marshmallows and chocolate chips, so it’s no problem if you don’t have a food processor or pastry cutter.
Since the dough mixture already contains marshmallows, chocolate and graham cracker crumbs, you don’t have to decorate the scones after baking, but I love to drizzle chocolate on top and add the cute little marshmallows!
S’more Scones Recipe
- graham cracker crumbs
- chocolate melted
- marshmallow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a small bowl mix the cream, lemon juice, and vanilla together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt together. Then use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add the cream mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows, mix until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and form the dough into a ball. Flatten the ball of dough into a square about 9”x9” in size, and roughly 1” or more thick.
- Cut the square of dough into 9 equal pieces. Move the pieces onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a bit of space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely, then drizzle the tops with melted chocolate and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow sprinkles.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Looking for a delicious treat to serve at your upcoming tea party? Look no further than these scrumptious s’more scones! S’more scones are a delicious blend of everything you love about scones and s’mores. These chocolate marshmallow scones on a classic scone base are deliciously indulgent and perfect for a special occasion.
You Might Also Like
Bella Bucchiotti of xoxoBella is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for recipes, dogs, sustainability, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.
Bella Bucchiotti is a freelance food, travel, and lifestyle writer for MSN and the Associated Press Wire.