My mom has been making this chocolate chunk pecan pie every holiday for as long as I can remember. Her recipe card is all stained and very sticky from drops of corn syrup over the years. It is a huge hit — always. I love this chocolate chunk pecan pie because it has SO much chocolate and TONS of pecans and they happen to be two of the best ingredients ever!
The crust I always make is a Martha Stewart pate brisee recipe and it is fail proof. It is very rich and filling, so cut the pieces small. I usually make it the day before so it can set and chill really good before cutting it.
Facts about Pecans
- Pecan trees are native to North America and over 80% of the world’s pecan crop comes from the USA.
- The pecan capital of the world is in Albany, Georgia, which has more than 600,000 pecan trees.
- Pecans are among the most nutritious of all nuts. There are 691 calories in 100 grams of pecans. The pecan is heart healthy and contains antioxidants, 19 vitamins and minerals and healthy fat.
- Pecan trees produce nuts on alternate bearing years. They produce one year heavy and one year light. Who knew?!?
- The pecan pie was created by French people who settled in New Orleans.
Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Recipe
Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Cup corn syrup
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 2 Cups pecans roasted
- 6 Oz chocolate chunks
- Make pie crust, roll out, place in pie plate. Trim and crimp edge.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, salt and vanilla extract in medium bowl with a wire whisk.
- Place pecans and chocolate over bottom of pie crust.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours & refrigerate until serving time.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Let me know if you make this chocolate chunk pecan pie recipe. If you aren’t a fan of chocolate, feel free to omit it or reduce the amount of chocolate. However, I think you will love this recipe!