Can’t decide between peanut cookies and chocolate ones? These peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies offer the best of both worlds. The PB and chocolate cookies are bursting with wonderful peanut flavour and finish off the cookies with chocolate drizzle. These peanut butter chocolate cookies won’t last long, so make lots!
These versatile chocolate peanut butter cookies are not only perfect with a cup of coffee or tall glass of milk. You can use two together to make an ice cream sandwich. Try them crumbled over ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
This is a 10-ingredient recipe for chocolate peanut butter cookies. I expect you already have most of the ingredients in the pantry, especially if you’re a keen baker!
Some of the usual cookie-making ingredients are there, such as flour, butter and eggs. Make sure the butter is at room temperature before you start so it combines more easily with the other ingredients. The same applies to the eggs.
In addition you need icing sugar, which might be labeled as confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar (it’s all the same). Baking powder helps with the texture of these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and a pinch of salt helps balance out the flavour.
You can use your choice of smooth or crunchy peanut butter as well as peanuts and chocolate chips. Then you just need milk chocolate to drizzle on top. Of course you could use dark chocolate instead if that’s what you prefer, or even white chocolate.
The choice of smooth or crunchy peanut butter is yours. Just use whatever kind you have. Smooth PB in these cookies with chocolate drizzle yields a smoother, more even texture. Crunchy peanut butter adds texture. You are adding chopped or halved peanuts anyway so you will get some texture in there.
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Got all your peanut butter chocolate cookie ingredients to hand? Great, then we can begin! First of all you will want to fit the paddle attachment to your stand mixer. Cream the butter and icing sugar for a few minutes.
Mix the flour with the salt and baking powder then sift this into the bowl with the creamed butter mixture. Turn the mixer speed down a little and add the peanut butter and eggs. Next you will add the chocolate and nuts and mix them in with a spoon.
See? These chocolate peanut butter cookies are really easy. Learning how to make chocolate chunk cookies is mainly about mixing ingredients together. It’s so easy you might want to let the kids help, or at least lick the spoon!
Add balls of the dough on to parchment paper-lined baking sheets and flatten them a little. You can use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, as you prefer.
The chunky peanut butter cookies will be done after 20 minutes or so in a hot oven. You need to let the PB and chocolate cookies completely cool before adding the chocolate drizzle on top.
Drizzle for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Adding the topping to these cookies with chocolate drizzle is my favourite part because it means the cookies are nearly done. And that means I can eat some!
The simplest way to prepare the drizzle for your peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies is to use a water bath. This means you will bring a pan of water to a boil on the stove, then put the chocolate in a bowl which will fit on top of the pan. Break the chocolate into pieces so it melts faster and more evenly. Use a wooden spoon to stir the chocolate as it melts.
When it’s smooth you can use a fork to drizzle it over the finished cookies. Sometimes I like to sprinkle the drizzle with salt flakes or chopped peanuts before it sets, just for added yumminess!
Something else you might like to try is saving about a third of the chocolate chunks and popping one into the middle of each dough mound before baking.
How to Store Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chunky peanut butter cookies have a notoriously short life span. But that’s their fault for being so delicious! When you know how to make chocolate chunk cookies you can always rustle up a new batch if you run out!
These PB and chocolate cookies will be fine for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature. So if you want to be sure of still having cookies with chocolate drizzle by the end of the week, make a double or triple batch!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Line two oven sized baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place butter in a large bowl of a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment. Add icing sugar and cream the butter on medium mixer speed for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine: flour, baking powder and salt. Sift the flour mix into the creamed butter. Mix on a low mixer speed just until a crumble starts to form.
- Add eggs and peanut butter. Mix on medium mixer speed for 1 minute. Scrape off sides of the bowl.
- Add peanuts and chocolate chunks. Combine everything together using a large wooden spoon.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough out into round balls, dropping them 2 inches apart on the parchment paper. Flatten them gently with your hand. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
For the Chocolate Drizzle
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small pot, bring water to boil. Place the bowl with chocolate over the pot and mix with a spoon until the chocolate melts and has a smooth texture. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Using a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over your cookies. If desired sprinkle with some finely chopped peanuts or salt flakes for garnish.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I’m sure peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies will become your new favourite! Especially if you love the peanut butter chocolate combo as much as I do.