Banana cream pie rum pudding shots are an alternative to Jell-O shots. They’re made with banana flavoured rum along with pre-made pie crust and instant vanilla pudding. So if you want to make creamy shots with rum, this is one recipe for adult dessert cocktail shots you will love.
You will need refrigerated pie crusts to make this banana liqueur shot recipe. These cute little pie crusts are going to replace the shot glass you might have been thinking of using.
The other ingredients include instant vanilla pudding, cream, banana rum, whipped topping, and a banana. The optional toppings for banana pudding shots are banana slices and whipped cream.
I highly recommend you do include a fresh banana since both banana pudding and banana rum can taste a bit artificial. Combining vanilla pudding with banana yields a banana pudding like result!
How to Make these Adult Dessert Cocktail Shots
First of all you will need to make circles with the pie crust dough. This will be easier if you let them warm up a bit, so they are more pliable. Press each one into a greased muffin cup. Prick them with a fork a few times so they don’t puff up too much. Bake them until golden then let them cool down.
While the pie crusts are cooling you can make the banana cream pie rum pudding shots mixture. Blend the pudding mix with cream and banana rum then add the mashed fresh banana.
Once everything is well combined you can divide the banana pudding shots mixture into the crusts. Keep the banana cream pie rum pudding shots refrigerated until serving.
Can You Make Banana Pudding Shots Ahead?
Although this banana liqueur shot recipe will keep for a couple in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it’s best served the same day. Because banana turns a bit brown when exposed to the air, the filling in these creamy shots with rum might turn a little brown but they’ll still taste great.
These bite-sized treats make a cute dessert or you might like to serve a pre-made pie crust and instant vanilla pudding shot to guests as they arrive at your place. Whatever kind of party or gathering you’re having, festive shots made with banana flavoured rum are always impressive. Plus they’re easy to make and really unusual.
Before I made these I never tried anything like banana cream pie rum pudding shots. But I’d love to make them again or try other ingredients to make adult dessert cocktail shots. I bet these would be incredible with any kind of instant pudding.
However, these creamy shots with rum are especially good for the holidays. They’re rich and indulgent and perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. So make sure you bookmark this banana liqueur shot recipe. Because you will definitely want to make these banana cream pie rum pudding shots!
How to Use Leftover Filling
You might have some filling left over when making creamy shots with rum. Rather than make extra pie crusts, you can just repurpose any leftover banana filling. Try it over cubes of pound cake to make a kind of trifle, then serve whipped cream on top. It would also be nice as a crepe filling or pancake topping. Else you can just eat it as it is! There is such a thing as cook’s privilege you know!
There are various banana based shot and appetizers online and I’ve tried a number of them. But I have to say this banana liqueur shot recipe is on my shortlist as one of the best. Don’t make banana cream pie rum pudding shots without adding a mashed fresh banana though. That really does give the creamy shots with rum a fresh flavour.
If you like these banana pudding shots, you might also like Spiked Bananas Foster Ice Cream Rum Nog Cocktail, Boozy Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, New Orleans Brandy Milk Punch for Mardi Gras, or Apple Pie à la Mode Cocktail with Fireball Whisky and Vanilla Vodka.
Banana Cream Pie Rum Pudding Shots
Banana Cream Pie Rum Pudding Shots
To make the mini pie crusts
- 1 Box refrigerated pie crusts each box contains 2 crusts
- flour for dusting
For the filling
- 1 Box instant pudding vanilla
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream cold heavy
- 1 Cup rum chilled, banana flavoured
- 1 banana ripe, mashed with a fork
- 1 Tub whipped topping defrosted
- whipped cream for topping
- banana slices for topping
For the Mini Pie Crusts
- Remove pie crusts from refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes so crusts become pliable.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 12 well muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Dust the work surface with flour and carefully unroll pie crust onto the dusted surface. Mend any creases or cracks that may have developed while unrolling the crust with your fingers.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out pie crust wide enough to make 12 cut-outs with a 3¼” circle cookie cutter (about 13½” from edge-to-edge). If you don’t have a circle cookie cutter, you can use the rim of a glass around the same size.
- Cut out 12 circles from each of the 2 pie crusts contained in the box.
- Gently push each pie crust circle into the 12 wells of the muffin pan. Using a fork, dock (poke holes in) the bottoms of each crust so that they will bake flat. Spray each with more non-stick spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. When cool enough to handle, remove crusts from muffin wells and allow them to finish cooling.
For the Filling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix, cold heavy whipping cream, and chilled banana rum. Continue whisking for about 2 minutes until fully incorporated and thickened. Stir in mashed banana. Using a spatula, fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of mixture into each of the pie crusts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you’d like, just before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and a half-slice of banana.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
So if you’ve been wondering what you can make to impress some guests, make these! You can’t go wrong with banana pudding shots made with banana flavoured rum. The combination of pre-made pie crust and instant vanilla pudding is a real match made in heaven. Even people who don’t typically choose banana based drinks or desserts will find these adult dessert cocktail shots delicious.