I make muffins all the time because my dad loves them and takes them to work every day. Making him muffins regularly ensures that I stay his favourite child. 🙂 These apple crumb muffins are a cross between an apple muffin and coffee cake. The topping on these apple crumb muffins is the perfect touch. Inside there are chunks of cooked apple, making this a delicious treat any time of the day, even breakfast.
Top of the muffin to you!
Apple Crumb Muffins Recipe
Apple Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats quick-cooking
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1 stick butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups apple Macintosh, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup oats quick-cooking
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, butter, and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then stir in apple.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Whisk together oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter until clumpy.
- Sprinkle each muffin with crumb topping. Bake about 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, cream melted butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until very fluffy. Add powdered sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Drizzle icing over top of each muffin.
Have a great day! Thanks for all your support and love! ❤ Let me know if you try these Apple Crumb Muffins.