I make muffins all the time because my dad loves them and takes them to work every day. Making him muffins regularly ensures that I stay his favourite child. 🙂 These apple crumb muffins are a cross between an apple muffin and coffee cake. The topping on these apple crumb muffins is the perfect touch.
Inside the apple crumb muffins there are chunks of cooked apple, making this a delicious treat any time of the day, even breakfast. I love to bring these muffins with me when I go on hikes or have picnics with my friends. They are a crowd favourite, especially after walking when everyone is looking for something tasty to fuel them up and recharge their energy!
Top of the muffin to you!
I love to make this recipe in the fall when there are lots of ripe local apples for sale, and they are so tasty!! These muffins are also perfect for making when you have a bunch of apples in your fridge that need to be used up. I’m huge on creating the least amount of food waste in my house, so I am always looking for ways to incorporate older foods in my fridge into delicious recipes.
Apple Crumb Muffins Recipe
Apple Crumb Muffins
- 1/2 cup oats quick-cooking
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, butter, and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then stir in apple.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Whisk together oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter until clumpy.
- Sprinkle each muffin with crumb topping. Bake about 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, cream melted butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until very fluffy. Add powdered sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Drizzle icing over top of each muffin.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
If you happen to make this recipe during the fall, I found that it tastes incredible with any hot drink on a cold fall day!! My favourite hot beverage is any tea or coffee, but hot chocolate also tastes fantastic paired with this muffin as well!! Try heating your muffins or eating them while still warm from the oven while cozying up on a cold day.
Have a great day! Thanks for all your support and love! ❤ Let me know if you try these Apple Crumb Muffins. Make sure you take apple picking photos if you go and use these apple picking caption ideas for inspiration.