An air fryer loaded bagel breakfast bake casserole makes a welcome change from cereal or toast! Also known as an easy breakfast strata, this bagel egg bake is good for Easter or Christmas brunch. This everything bagel casserole is made with ease in an air fryer with stale or leftover bagels and so full of flavour!
It’s a nice way of using up stale or leftover bagels and you can also tweak the bagel egg bake ingredients to give it your own signature twist.
You will need some basic ingredients for this everything bagel casserole. In addition to the eggs, you will need bacon, sausage, spinach, tomatoes, cheese, milk, and everything bagel seasoning.
I like to make this loaded bagel breakfast bake casserole in a Bundt pan. It looks pretty in that form and also cooks evenly. This is like a deconstructed everything bagel egg sandwich. It makes a delicious, hearty start to the day.
Optional Ingredient Ideas
If you like bell peppers, you might like to add some to this easy breakfast strata. Perhaps you have some cooked already left over from last night’s dinner. Peppers add a splash of colour as well as a different taste. Mushrooms go nicely in here as well.
Ham would be good if you prefer using that to bacon, and you can use whatever kind of sausage you want as well.
To add a spicy touch, a pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli powder would work in this everything bagel casserole. If you only have regular canned tomatoes, not the kind with chilli, this is a way of getting the heat in.
How to Make Loaded Bagel Breakfast Bake Casserole
Have you got your stale or leftover bagels, eggs and other ingredients to hand? Then it’s time to get started on this Easter or Christmas brunch casserole. You will need an 8-inch Bundt pan if you have one. If not, just use a regular baking dish. Add the cooked bacon, sausage and bagels to the Bundt pan along with the tomatoes, cheese, and spinach. You can make 2 or even 3 layers.
Mix the eggs and milk then pour this into the Bundt pan. Add more bagel pieces and some butter then cover the pan with foil. You can then cook this loaded bagel breakfast bake casserole in the air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer (or don’t have one large enough to accommodate the baking pan) just use the oven.
When a knife comes out clean, the casserole is done perfectly. Unmould the bagel egg bake and sprinkle cheese and everything bagel seasoning on top.
A Keto/Low Carb Version
Perhaps you want something lower in carbs, in which case you can easily tweak this everything bagel casserole. You can either buy or make keto bagels or else use low carb bread instead. A lot of grocery stores sell at least one reduced carb bread or bagel alternative.
Can I Make this Loaded Bagel Breakfast Bake Casserole Ahead?
Prepare this air fryer loaded bagel breakfast bake casserole the night before, if you like. All you need to do then is pop it in the air fryer in the morning. Since the bagel egg bake will have spent all night in the refrigerator, it might need a few extra minutes in the air fryer.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning and How to Make It
There is everything bagel seasoning in this easy breakfast strata for Easter or Christmas brunch. But what exactly is that and can you make your own? This seasoning contains black and white sesame seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, poppy seeds, and salt.
The name comes from the fact you don’t have to choose between a sesame bagel, an onion bagel, a garlic bagel, or another kind. If you can’t decide, just have everything, right?
To make your own everything seasoning, combine 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds with a tablespoon each of black and white sesame seeds, 1½ tablespoons each of garlic and onion flakes, and 1½ teaspoons salt flakes. Making your own means you can tweak these amounts. You might want to omit some of the salt, for example, or another ingredient.
This seasoning isn’t just amazing paired with stale or leftover bagels in an easy breakfast strata. You can also sprinkle a pinch over anything from cooked veggies to a salad. I love it over sliced avocado.
How to Store Everything Bagel Casserole Leftovers
As unlikely as you are to have leftovers, you might have some. Keep the casserole in a covered container for up to 3 days and then warm it back up in the microwave.
If you like this easy air fryer breakfast strata, you might also like Healthy Breakfast Banana Split with Berries, Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl – Easy with Delicious Toppings or Carrot Cake Vegetable Crepes with Berries.
Air Fryer Loaded Bagel Breakfast Bake Casserole Recipe
Air Fryer Loaded Bagel Breakfast Bake Casserole
- 5 bagels everything flavour, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 Cup bacon chopped
- 12 sausages breakfast links
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Cup spinach
- 1 Cup canned tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 1/2 Cup cheese colby, shredded
- 1/2 Cup cheese gruyere, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Cut the bagel into bite sized pieces. Cook and chop bacon. Cut sausage links into ¼” pieces.
- Spray an 8” bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Layer ½ the ingredients into the bundt pan starting with the bagels, then add sausage, bacon, spinach, tomatoes, and cheese. Repeat with the remaining ½. Save 6 to 7 pieces of bagel for use after the next step. *tip: save a small amount of cheese to sprinkle onto the top of the casserole once its finished cooking*
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth. Pour this into the bundt pan. Add the 6 to 7 pieces of bagel and pour melted butter over the top. Cover with foil.
- Place the bundt pan into the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove the bundt pan from the air fryer and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Place your serving plate over the top of the bundt pan. Hold the plate securely to the pan and flip it upside down and onto the plate. The casserole should slide out onto the plate. If it is stubborn, tap the sides of the bundt pan with a spatula, and gently trace along the edges to release.
- Sprinkle cheese and everything bagel seasoning over the top and cut into slices.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
So if you’re looking for something tasty to prepare for Easter or Christmas brunch, and you’re also wondering what to do with stale or leftover bagels, try this. You will love this air fryer loaded bagel breakfast bake casserole! It is an easy air fryer breakfast recipe that will have rave reviews!