These Easter mini vanilla bundt cakes make such a cute Easter treat. Boasting delicate vanilla flavour and vanilla glaze as well as crunchy chocolate mini eggs, they are one of the best Easter themed cakes you can make. Although they might look as fancy as something you’d find in an upscale bakery, they are actually pretty easy to make. These decorated mini bundt cakes are the perfect Easter dessert with mini chocolate eggs so add them to your .
This dessert with mini chocolate eggs is perfect for Easter. Not only is it fun to decorate mini bundt cakes but you are sure to seriously impress everyone with such a treat.
Easter Mini Vanilla Bundt Cakes Ingredients
This Easter dessert doesn’t call for a huge laundry list of ingredients, you’ll be pleased to know. In fact, all you need to make the cakes is butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt, and cream or milk. The vanilla glaze is a mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla and water or milk, and then you just need mini eggs to decorate them.
These ingredients are real baking staples so I expect you already have them all or at least most of them. If you want to change up the flavour, you can sub another extract for the vanilla in both the cakes and glaze.
How to Make this Dessert with Mini Chocolate Eggs
The first step in making these Easter themed cakes is to cream the sugar with the butter. It’s easiest to do this with an electric mixer. Keep beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time.
Next you need to sift the dry ingredients together and then mix the cream and vanilla. Add some of the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Add some of the cream mixture. Repeat until everything is well combined.
The next step is to divide the batter between a greased bundtlette pan and then bake the cakes. Let them cool and then you can combine the vanilla glaze ingredients and pour this over the cakes. Finally you can decorate mini bundt cakes with mini eggs.
Bundt Cakes are Always Special
There’s no doubt these Easter mini vanilla bundt cakes are special. Of course you don’t have to use a mini bundt pan but the shape is so pretty you’ll want to! It’s fun to decorate mini bundt cakes too, whether you’re doing that by yourself or enlisting ‘help’ from the kids.
You’ll want to make at least one Easter dessert and I can’t recommend this dessert with mini chocolate eggs enough. In fact, you might even want to double up on everything so you have some to give as gifts too.
A Few Ideas for Variations
This dessert with mini chocolate eggs is perfect as it is, but of course you can tweak the recipe if you want. Instead of using mini eggs as the filling you might like another Easter-related idea such as edible sugar decorations.
Another fun idea is to add some edible grass between the cake and the eggs. You could also use almond extract instead of (or as well as) the vanilla or even add some cocoa powder to the batter for a chocolate taste.
Easter Themed Cakes FAQs
Either silicon or metal would be fine. Mini bundt cakes are just individually sized cakes, so each person gets their own instead of a slice of a larger cake.
Keep the Easter mini vanilla bundt cakes in an airtight container for a couple of days and they will stay fresh. Another option is to freeze them (without the vanilla glaze and mini eggs). That way they’ll keep for about 3 months.
I like to grease the bundtlette pans with melted butter. You could use oil instead if you prefer or melted shortening. You might also want to sprinkle some flour into the pans before adding the batter. This helps the cakes release more easily as well.
Easter Mini Vanilla Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Eggs Recipe
Easter Mini Vanilla Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Eggs
For the decoration:
- 30 chocolate eggs mini Cadbury eggs
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Thoroughly grease a bundlette pan with melted butter.
- Add the soft butter and sugar to a large bowl then beat together until fluffy. This will take 3 to 4 minutes using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or 4 to 5 minutes using an electric handheld whisk.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating well between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter, sugar and egg mixture in the main mixing bowl. Beat until you can no longer see white streaks of flour. Add 1/2 of the cream mixture to the main mixing bowl and beat until combined. Repeat these steps until all the flour and cream mixture have been added, ending with the flour.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the mini bundlette pan. Each cavity will be 2/3 full.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cakes are risen, lightly golden brown and spring back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. To turn the cakes out, put a cooling rack on top of the bundt pan, invert the pan and tap on a work surface to release the cakes.
- To make the vanilla glaze, combine the powdered sugar with the vanilla extract, then gradually add the water a teaspoon full at a time until the glaze reaches a pourable consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the cooled bundt cakes, then add 5 mini Easter eggs to the center of each cake.
- Remember to beat the sugar, butter and eggs very well in the beginning stages of the recipe to incorporate air into the batter.
- We have found that melted butter gives the best chance of successfully releasing the mini bundt cakes from the pan. You could also use cake release or a spray oil. If your pan is old, you might find that lightly dusting the cavities with flour will help the cakes not to stick.
- Only fill the bundlette pan 2/3 full or your cakes will overflow.
- Storage: Mini Vanilla Bundt Cakes will keep in an airtight container stored at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. They can be frozen (undecorated) for up to 3 months.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Easter mini vanilla bundt cakes will add a special touch to your Easter festivities. This is a cute Easter dessert which will appeal to everyone. Everything is delicious about these cakes from the crunchy chocolate eggs to the sweet vanilla glaze and the rich, sweet cake itself.
Other Recipes You Will Love
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.