Tasty and unusual, this air fryer ham and cheese double crust quiche is so good! Enjoy it for any meal – it’s just as nice for breakfast or brunch as it is for lunch or as a snack. Using pre-made pie crust and a can of Pillsbury pizza crust is a nifty shortcut that makes this recipe a breeze to put together. Leftover ham is perfect to use in this air fryer quiche with crust on top.
This air fryer quiche recipe means you can make a rich and delicious quiche in one of your favourite kitchen appliances. It’s a filling, hearty recipe with a crust on top that looks impressive and tastes even better!
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Double Crust Quiche Ingredients
As well as the pre-made pie crust and a can of Pillsbury pizza crust, you’ll need eggs, cream, ham, cheese, butter, and everything bagel seasoning.
You can use any kind of fresh ham or leftover ham and sub any kind of cheese for the cheddar if you like. One of the best ingredients in this recipe is the everything bagel seasoning. This delicious combination of black and white sesame seeds, garlic, onion, salt, and poppy seeds is amazing on bagels. It’s also delicious on this air fryer quiche recipe.
How to Make this Air Fryer Quiche Recipe
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients including leftover ham, pre-made pie crust and a can of Pillsbury pizza crust, you’re ready to begin!
While the air fryer is warming up, whisk the eggs with the cream and some salt and pepper. Pour this into the piecrust. Sprinkle some of the fresh or leftover ham on top as well as some cheese. Now cover the piecrust with foil and then cook for about 25 minutes, removing the foil during the final few minutes.
Layer the remaining ham and cheese slices over the unrolled pizza dough then fold the plain side of the dough over that. Cut the dough into 8 equal strips and weave them to make the lattice crust on top of the quiche.
Put the dough crust on top of the quiche and then brush melted butter over and sprinkle on the everything bagel seasoning. Cook the prepared air fryer ham and cheese double crust quiche until golden and enjoy it warm.
Air Fryer Quiche Recipe Variations
There are various tweaks you might want to make to this air fryer ham and cheese double crust quiche. Ham and cheese are a classic pairing but you could also add bacon for more of a quiche Lorraine flavour. Other optional ingredients that would work include onion, broccoli, squash, and any other veggies you’d like to use.
The everything bagel seasoning add a tasty, nutty, salty flavour, but you can also add more seasoning to the quiche filling. Garlic and onion powder would work or you could try dried mixed herbs or Italian seasoning in there. Fresh herbs such as basil would also be good.
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
Although this ingredient is widely available you might not be able to get it or perhaps you’d like to make your own. If so, combine 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds with 1 tablespoon each white sesame seeds and black sesame seeds. Add 1½ tablespoons each of dried minced onion and dried minced garlic along with a couple of teaspoons of salt.
You only need 1 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning for this air fryer ham and cheese double crust quiche. The rest will be good for several months in a sealed glass jar somewhere dark and cool.
Air Fryer Quiche FAQs
Keep any leftovers in plastic wrap or foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it in portions. The easiest way to warm it back up is to give it about 8 minutes in the air fryer basket at 320 degrees F. You can also eat it cold.
Although this tasty quiche is wonderful just as it is, you might like to add a side dish too. If you’re having it for breakfast or brunch, some chopped fresh fruit would be good. If it’s going to be lunch or dinner, what about a simple salad on the side?
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Double Crust Quiche
- 1 pie crust pre made
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 Teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 Cup ham leftover ham, diced
- 2 Cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Can pizza crust Pillsbury classic
- 5 Slices ham
- 5 Slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, pepper, and salt. Whisk well and pour into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle diced ham and cheddar cheese into the eggs. Cover with foil.
- Place into the air fryer and cook for 25 minutes. ** Remove foil for the final 5 minutes of cooking.**
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured wooden cutting board. Lay slices of ham and cheese over one half of the dough. Break cheese apart to evenly cover if needed. Fold the plain side of the dough over the ham and cheese.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal strips. Lay 4 strips of dough onto the cutting board vertically. Weave the remaining 4 strips horizontally. Be sure to leave 1-2” at the end of the strips.
- Working with the ends of the dough one side at a time- start with the 2 pieces to the left and cross. Then cross the 2 pieces on the right. Bring both the left and right crossed strips together in the center and tuck. This will form a circular weave.
- Remove the quiche from the air fryer and place the dough weave onto the top. Heat the air fryer to 385 degrees F.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle it with everything bagel seasoning. Place back into the air fryer for seven minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Boasting ham and cheese along with a tasty crust on top, this air fryer ham and cheese double crust quiche is going to be your new favourite go-to recipe for breakfast, brunch or any occasion you like!
Other Recipes You Will Love
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.
oh this looks so good. I love my new air fryer!