These gluten free morning glory muffins will make your morning 100 times better! I love baked goods, so when I became gluten free I have been playing with ingredients and recipes to come up with gluten free recipes that I can enjoy. As well, since I have Type 1 diabetes, I also try to make sure my recipes are low carb and low sugar.
These muffins have amazing fresh ingredients in them and I’m sure they will make your morning amazing…which is good because a good morning can lead to a very good day! 🙂
These tasty muffins are full of heart healthy ingredients like flax seeds which are full of omega-3 fatty acids and chia seeds which are full of fiber. Carrots are a hgh source of antioxidants…which are so good for you. Apples have antioxidants, flavanoids, and fiber. These muffins will have you feeling good in the morning and make you full and ready for your day. They are also great for a snack and I am partial to having mine with tea.
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1/4 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 Cup apple, shredded
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips, vegan if you prefer that
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tsp.chia seeds
- 1 Tsp. flax seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- Mix together flours, baking powder and baking soda plus the cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut oil.
- Add in the carrots and apples and then add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Continue to mix until just combined.
- Next add in raisins, walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix again just to incorporate.
- Pour into muffin liners and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Check often to not over cook.
Let me know if you all try them out! 🙂 What is your favourite flavour of muffin?