Carrot cake bunny tails, or carrot cake coconut truffles, are perfect for your Easter table this year. Using boxed carrot cake mix and a free Easter printable, you can make these fun rabbit tail coconut balls quickly and easily. These little truffle Easter treats with printable label are irresistible, and you will love the coconut and pecan flavours in every bite.
Easter treats with printable label make a wonderful gift. You’ll be so glad you found this bunny tails printable treat bag topper because they’re so cute as gifts and everyone will love these dainty sweet treats.
Carrot Cake Bunny Tails Ingredients
As well as the boxed carrot cake mix, you will need the ingredients printed on the package to make the cake. These typically include water, oil and eggs but brands do vary. In addition, you need cream cheese frosting, candy melts and shredded coconut, plus pecans which are optional but good. Walnuts would be an option to add some crunch.
To bag these carrot cake coconut truffles up as gifts you will require bunny tails printable treat bag topper labels. As long as you have a printer you can make these free Easter printable labels. Also grab some cellophane bags, sticky tape, scissors, and a ruler.
How to Make Easter Treats with Printable Label
First of all you will make the carrot cake balls and then frost them and coat them in coconut flakes. After that you will use the free Easter printable and bag them and tag them for a wonderful Easter gift.
Prepare the cake batter following the directions on the boxed cake mix package. Mix in some chopped nuts if you want to. Bake the cake and let it cool down fully. Next, use a mixer to crumble the cake into pieces.
Mix in the frosting and once everything is well combined you can roll the mixture into small balls. Freeze them for half an hour so they hold their shape and set. Now roll them in melted candy melts and then dip them in shredded coconut then let the coconut balls set.
Meanwhile you can work on the labels. Print out the bunny tails printable treat bag topper and then use a knife or scissors to cut them out. If you want to, you can cut along the ears in the free Easter printable and make them stand out.
Put some carrot cake bunny tails in each cellophane bag then close using sticky tape. Add the bunny tails printable treat bag topper and give these gorgeous Easter treats with printable label to friends, family, colleagues, or whoever you want to impress!
Tasty Cakes for Easter
Carrot cake bunny tails are a lot of fun but there are more traditional Easter cakes and desserts to choose from too. Simnel cake is a classic cake for Easter. Traditionally in the UK it was given by servant girls at Easter to their mothers when they went home for Mothers’ Day. Cakes decorated with edible mini eggs or little chicks also make an appearance during this time everywhere Easter is celebrated.
Carrot Cake Bunny Tails FAQs
As long as you store them in an airtight container, you can make these coconut balls ahead. They will be fine for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator or about a week on the countertop. Another option is to freeze the carrot cake bunny tails for up to 6 weeks. Thaw them out in the refrigerator overnight.
If you want to make the cake ahead, you can. Actually it has to be completely cool before you mix in the frosting (else it will melt!) so make the cake in advance you like.
I love to make these with carrot cake because, well, bunnies and carrots! If you aren’t keen on this kind of cake though, you can use any other type you want. White or yellow cake mix, spice cake mix, or any other kind would work. You could even make the cake from scratch instead of using a boxed mix if you prefer or if you have a readymade cake to use up.
Carrot Cake Bunny Tails Easter Treats Recipe
Carrot Cake Bunny Tails Easter Treats with Printable Label
- 1 Box cake mix carrot, 15 ounces, plus ingredients listed on box
- ½ Cup pecans finely chopped, optional
- ¾ Cup frosting whipped cream cheese
- 2 ½ Cups candy melts white
- 2 ½ Cups sweetened shredded Coconut
- Bunny label PDF printable
- Cellophane bags 4×9.5-inch
- Double-sided tape
- Scissors or detail knife
- Ruler optional
- Prepare cake mix in bowl as directed. Stir in finely chopped pecans (optional).
- Bake cake as per box instructions in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely (at least 30 minutes at room temperature).
- Scoop cake into a large bowl, and crumble into pieces using a hand mixer at low speed for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Use your hands to break up any large pieces remaining.
- Add frosting and continue to mix until incorporated and balls can be formed.
- Roll cake mixture into balls about 1 inch in size.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place shredded coconut in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Remove about 5 cake balls from the freezer at a time. Use a toothpick to pick up cake balls and carefully coat all sides with melted candy melts using a spoon. Remove excess on the side of the bowl or with a spoon and dip directly into shredded coconut using your hands to fully coat the cake balls. (Move quickly as the frozen cake balls will begin to set the candy melts).
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and carefully remove the toothpick, patting closed the hole remaining with your finger. Repeat until all balls are coated.
- Allow to set completely for about 5-10 minutes.
- Print out labels.
- Cut out labels using either scissors or detail knife
- Fold labels in half so bunny is on the front.
- (Optional) Cut along the ears to have them stand out from the label.
- Put at least three bunny tails in the bag.
- Using a piece of double-sided tape, fold the cello bag shut.
- Place tape on front and back of the inside of folded printable and fold it over to close bag.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Carrot cake bunny tails make such a cute gift and perfect for a holiday party. Build on the Easter fun with these free printable bingo cards, an Easter egg hunt, egg dying and more! These Easter treats with printable label are super-simple to prepare and adding your own custom labels makes them extra-special.
Other Recipes You Will Love
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.