If you’re just coming across my blog or don’t follow me on Instagram, you may not know that I have Type 1 diabetes. I share often on my Instagram and other social media, so I have collected a list of diabetes Instagram captions and diabetes puns. They are great to use for any Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic. Pick one of these great T1D caption ideas and get posting!
Since I was diagnosed, I have used my social media platforms to raise awareness for T1D. I do this by educating people both in and out of the diabetes community on the illness, debunking common myths, and sharing what my daily life looks like living with Type 1 diabetes. While I share a lot of information on my blog and YouTube channel, I also talk about it a lot on my Instagram account @BellaBucchiotti through captions for Type 1 diabetes.
Over 420 million people in the world have diabetes but less than 10% of those people are diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes (guess you could say I’m pretty special 😉.) When most people hear the word ‘diabetes’, they associate it with someone who eats unhealthy or eats too much sugar. One of my biggest points I advocate for is that’s totally NOT TRUE.
Debunking myths like this (among many others) are what I like to share with my audience on Instagram because it’s a topic that is not talked about enough! Through my YouTube and Instagram, I’ve been able to build a community of people who deal with Type 1 diabetes just like me so we can support and recognize each other. I am able to do this through providing valuable information by writing captions, puns, and quotes for diabetics that are super relatable.
T1D Caption Ideas
If you were to look at me, you wouldn’t realize that I live with Type 1 diabetes and that is the case for many people who suffer from chronic illnesses. For me, it’s important to show people that Type 1 diabetes doesn’t look or feel one way for every person. It’s also important to share that while it is tough living with a chronic illness, it has taught me so much over these past few years.
Since being diagnosed, I’ve been able to love and care for myself in ways I wasn’t before. Those are the type of stories I like to share with the diabetes community to let them know that they’re not alone and there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. And while it may seem punny (see what I did there?) to people at first, I often use diabetes puns to share my experience or important information about the illness. Listen, I’m going to be living with this for the rest of my life so I might as well have some fun!
If you’re thinking of posting on your Instagram page about your life with Type 1 diabetes, you totally should! The more people share their experiences, the more understanding we all have that diabetes doesn’t mean you can’t live a normal life.
I’m sharing some of my favourite T1D caption ideas for Instagram (and not to toot my own horn, but I’ve got some really great ones!)
The Best Diabetes Instagram Captions
- My pancreas gave up, but I never will
- Being low in a grocery store is like being a bull in a china shop
- I’m so sweet, it makes me sick
- I can do anything… except make insulin
- You’re the apple juice to my low blood sugar
- In need of an extra espresso + insulin shot today
- Does this sweet smile make me look diabetic?
- I got a juice in my bag, swag
- Sorry you’re not my type
- I got 99 problem and they all involve carbs
- If you can’t handle me at my 23, you don’t deserve me at my 5
- Don’t chance it, it’s probably time to change your lancet
- I honestly don’t know what non-diabetics use a night stand for
- Am I grumpy, or is my blood sugar insanely high?
- Just trying to live my dia-best life
- Tell me you’re diabetic, without telling me you’re diabetic
- Don’t mess with me, I attack my own pancreas
- Before you ask, of course I can eat that… I’m diabetic not silly
- My pancreas needs a restart
- Don’t cry over spilled milk. Cry over spilled insulin
Diabetes Puns and Caption Ideas
- Spilled insulin is my perfume of choice
- My pancreas kinda sucks at being a pancreas
- Diabetes doesn’t define me, but it does explain me
- Love me, I have diabetes
- Diabetic’s are naturally sweet
- This one time at diabetes camp…
- Insulin junkie for life
- Not cool pancreas, not cool…
- I ain’t doing it… said my pancreas
- Insulin is my breakfast
- Insulin is my breakfast, lunch + dinner
- I don’t need drugs to get high. A slice a pizza will do
- Make my pancreas great again
- Stop being such a pain in the pancreas
- Yeah, but can you chug a juice box in your sleep?
- I’m not ill. My pancreas is lazy
- Please don’t sugar coat it, I have diabetes
- My pancreas ghosted me
- WAP – weak ass pancreas
- Type one of a kind
T1D Caption Ideas for Instagram
- I’m a diabetic. What is your superpower?
- A spoonful of insulin helps the sugar go down
- Lets dia-beat this
- My room is decorated with juice boxes
- I deal with (finger) pricks daily
- Home is where my insulin is
- Whatever you do, give 100% unless its insulin
- I’m as healthy as a horse (if that horse has diabetes)
- Stop being a pain in my pancreas
- Duck fiabetes
I hope these T1D caption ideas help you out. Don’t forget to add all the diabetes hashtags to connect with other community members. Let me know if you have any other diabetes puns or captions for Type 1 or Type 2 to add to this list.