This lemon blueberry poppy seed loaf I’m going to show you is very tasty and absolutely bursting with sweet blueberry and tart lemon flavour. Who doesn’t love that delicious contrast?
I love everything about berry season! I try to take advantage of the cheap and abundant berries while they are readily available at local farmers’ markets. Did you know that here in B.C, we have the largest highbush blueberry growing region in the world!?! If you’re like me and love berries, making yummy loaves and muffins is a great way to utilize them.
My dad loves loaves and muffins, so I am always making a treat of some kind for him (to maintain my “best daughter ever” status obviously!) When I make a loaf I typically make a second one to either give away or you know…have extra just in case I’m REALLY hungry! One time, I took the second lemon blueberry poppy seed loaf to a friend’s house for a Bachelorette viewing night. It was gone immediately. BTW…it pairs very well with any wine. I mean, I think it would! ????
This is my favourite loaf pan HERE
Blueberries are a fantastic addition to any baked goods or dessert, but blueberries on their own these berries are equally as tasteful and have high nutritional value. Did you know that a 1/2 cup of blueberries contains only 44 calories and 10% of your daily recommended vitamin C intake!?! Blueberries also rank number 1 for the highest antioxidants compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. It makes sense that people have been consuming them for over 13,000 years!
Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Loaf Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf plan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add sugar and lemon zest to the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle. Mix. Add butter to sugar mixture and mix on medium speed.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, adding in vanilla and the last egg.
- In a microwave safe bowl whisk together the milk with sour cream. Heat mixture in microwave just until room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients adding gradually and not over mixing. Add the blueberries and mix lightly so berries don’t break.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes in loaf pan before turning out onto a wire rack.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I hope you have an amazing day! Let me know if you try this lemon blueberry poppy seed loaf recipe.