My dad always grows too many zucchini plants in the garden, so every summer I end up trying to find new ways to use the zucchini. This is one of my favourite zucchini bread recipes and I think you will love this lemon zucchini loaf, too! The lemon makes it taste so fresh and light plus a creamy glaze on top makes for a perfect loaf!
One of my favourite things to do when making zucchini bread is to make two and then give one away to a friend. If you are not a fan of glaze, you can leave it off of this lemon zucchini loaf.
If you are looking to invest in some new loaf pans, these are some that I got recently, and they are a nice heavy weight.
Lemon Zucchini Loaf Recipe
Lemon Zucchini Loaf
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup zucchini grated
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Set the dry ingredients side
- In another bowl beat 2 eggs, then add the oil and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well. Then, stir in the zucchini to the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool the loaf in the pan 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour glaze over the completely cooled loaf. Allow the glaze to set before slicing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Let me know if you try this lemon zucchini loaf recipe!