Easy sheet pan buttermilk pancakes make a tasty breakfast or lunch. This pancake hack means you can say goodbye to endless flipping because these are pancakes baked in the oven. So try this new Tik Tok recipe trend for yourself and see what you think! There are four flavours – strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon swirl and honeybun.
Instead of making pancakes in a pan the old way, try these tempting tray pancakes. Choose from strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon swirl and honeybun flavours. You will love this pancake oven hack!
Ingredients for Easy Sheet Pan Buttermilk Pancakes
If you usually make pancakes from scratch, you will be familiar with the ingredients needed. Along with all-purpose flour, you will be using sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, eggs, butter, and buttermilk to make the batter.
In addition, you need strawberries, blueberries, cream, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and honey, to flavour them.
Directions for Pancakes Baked in the Oven
Combine the dry ingredients for the pancakes in a bowl and beat the wet ones in another bowl. Now you can mix the two together.
Puree most of the strawberries with some cream and sugar. Puree half of the blueberries with cream and sugar. Whisk the cinnamon with sugar and butter. Whisk some melted butter with honey. Now you have all your strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon swirl and honeybun flavours ready to add.
Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and smooth it with a spatula. Swirl the strawberry mixture into one quadrant of the mix and add sliced strawberries on top. Add the blueberry mixture to another quadrant and add some blueberries on top. Repeat this with the cinnamon mixture and finally the honey mixture.
Bake the easy sheet pan buttermilk pancakes for 12 minutes or until done, then serve with a powdered sugar dusting on top. This pancake hack might become your new favourite breakfast! Unlike conventional pancakes in a pan on the stove, you don’t have to cook pancakes one at a time and risk them getting cold as you make the rest. These can be served hot, warm or even at room temperature.
Top them with powdered sugar and, if you like, butter and/or whipped cream, as well as your favourite kind of syrup.
More Ideas for Fillings and Flavours
The strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon swirl and honeybun flavours are really good but you can change these. Try lemon and poppy seeds with some ricotta cheese for lemon poppy seed tray pancakes.
Orange zest and raisins would be good, or you could try swirling in some Nutella with a toothpick. In fact, the great thing about this Tik Tok pancakes recipe is you can experiment with whatever you like. Let me know if you come up with a great new flavour combination!
Easy Sheet Pan Buttermilk Pancakes FAQs
Yes you can, you don’t have to make these pancakes immediately before serving. This can of course free up your time. These will keep for a couple of hours at room temperature or you can keep them for 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator. Another idea is to freeze the easy sheet pan buttermilk pancakes for up to 3 months, then thaw them in the refrigerator.
The best way is to cover the pancakes in a pan with some foil and then pop them into a hot oven.
Something I love about easy sheet pan buttermilk pancakes is you can experiment. Strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon swirl and honeybun are great flavours but not the only one.
If you like to mix and match and you enjoy savoury flavours, consider cheese, bacon and raisins in one quadrant. Fry the bacon first so it’s nice and crispy and then you can crumble it. Use shredded cheese so it can be distributed evenly. This particular flavour would be great with maple syrup. For sweet pancakes, any kind of plain or fruity syrup is great.
Peanut butter chips work well in pancakes or you could try chocolate chips. Any kind of syrup would be good too. Maple syrup is always good on homemade pancakes.
Sheet Pan Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
Easy Sheet Pan Buttermilk Pancakes – Tik Tok Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare pancake batter. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine the two bowls and stir until smooth.
- Prepare pancake mix-ins.
- Strawberry: Add all but 10 slices of strawberries to a food processor. Add in 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream and ½ Tablespoon sugar. Purée and set aside. Rinse food processor.
- Blueberry: Add ½ of the blueberries to a food processor with ½ Tablespoon of sugar and 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream. Purée and set aside. Rinse the food processor.
- Cinnamon Swirl: combine cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and 1 Tablespoon of melted butter in a small bowl and whisk.
- Honeybun: combine honey and 1 Tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Carefully pour the batter into the baking sheet over the parchment paper. Use a spatula to smooth the batter until even.
- Picture the baking sheet in 4 quadrants. Add the strawberry cream into the center of one section and use a knife to swirl it with the pancake batter. Top with sliced strawberries. In another quadrant, do the same with the blueberry cream. Sprinkle blueberries over the top. In the third section, swirl the cinnamon. And in the last section, swirl the honey.
- Place into the oven on the center rack. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Dust with powdered sugar.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Easy buttermilk sheet pan pancakes are a new Tik Tok recipe trend. This pancake hack eliminates the need to make pancakes one by one, watching them go cold as you make the rest. Instead you can make pancakes in the oven, which is so much easier!
Other Recipes You Will Love
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.