Well now that December is upon us – you know what that means….It is my birthday month! Oh yeah, and it is all about the holidays. Almost forgot about that. No matter what you celebrate in the winter months, do it with some fun. You need this ultimate winter bucket list and fun winter activity ideas that even all that is going on in this crazy world can’t ruin! Happy winter, y’all!
Doesn’t it feel like I JUST gave you the ultimate Fall Bucket List?! Why has this year been both the slowest yet fastest year ever?! Regardless, it is time to get ready for winter with this ultimate winter activity list and a winter bucket list.
My Winter Bucket List
- Write a positive “Year In Review”
- Create a collage of all of your happiest memories of the year
- Go all out on holiday decorating
- “Adopt” a family in need
- Do a random act of kindness every day
- Enjoy peppermint white chocolate hot chocolate
- Create your own holiday drink – alcoholic or non!
- Donate blankets and food to an animal shelter
- Go for a “hay ride” and look at holiday decorations around your neighborhood
- Make dinner with in-season veggies and fruits
- Watch Hallmark holiday movies with the gals
- Enjoy a bitter cold day
- Go sledding – duh!
- Have a snowball fight with kids
- Create a hot cocoa bar for your roomies
- Send out Christmas cards
- Bake holiday-themed sweet treats
- Learn how to ice skate
- Relive childhood and write a letter to Santa
- Kiss your beau under the mistletoe
- Take a picture every day
- Sing Christmas carols – Facebook/IG Live them to spread cheer!
- Create a gingerbread village
- Decorate a tree
- Wrap presents a fun way. Check out my Pinterest board for inspo!
More Winter Activity Ideas
- Dress up a snowman
- Drink hot cider
- Look at snowflakes under a microscope/camera
- Donate jackets
- Start a new tradition
- Host a virtual ugly Christmas sweater party
- Make a DIY ugly Christmas sweater!
- Visit a local Christmas market
- Plan out New Year’s resolutions and plan to keep them
- Get your family matching PJs
- Roast chestnuts
- Spend an entire day decorating the house
- Find a new, cute pair of earmuffs
- Discover a new holiday coffee drink
- Run errands in a Santa hat
- Post what/who you are grateful for on socials
- Make breakfast in bed
- Have a winter movie marathon weekend
- Try different flavors of candy canes
- Leave treats for Santa and his reindeer on December 24
- Make your own Advent Calendar
- Let your pets have their own Christmas (presents, dinner, play in snow)
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Make food for your neighbors or the elderly
- Check in on your loved ones, even when the holidays are over
I wish you all a happy holiday season, but you can still do most of these things after the holidays have passed! Be safe, be smart, and be happy! I can’t wait to see how you all spend these winter months with your loved ones while being wrapped up in your comfy clothes and lots of good food around. How will I be celebrating my birthday and these next few winter months? I will be spending this season with my beau, and my #1 Beau.
Do you have any other suggestions for what to add to this winter bucket list or any fun winter activity ideas?