Summer is the time when fruits and berries are plentiful. Today I am partnering with Zespri Kiwifruit to share four different ways that you can enjoy their delicious SunGold Kiwifruit. What is a SunGold Kiwifruit you ask? Well it is just like a green kiwifruit but different… 🙂
SunGold Kiwifruit contain more than three times the amount of Vitamin C found in oranges and they contain as much potassium as a banana. Did I mention they are totally yummy?!?
The SunGold Kiwifruit is sweeter than a green kiwifruit and tastes like a cross between a mango & a strawberry.
Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit are different from green kiwifruit. I have photographed them side by side here, so you can see the difference on the outside and on the inside of the kiwifruit. I love trying new fruits that I find at the market. These don’t disappoint! Look for Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit at your local supermarket from May to October.
The Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit has a smooth, hairless skin and juicy yellow flesh.
Two kiwifruit contain about the same amount of fibre as a bowl of bran flakes.
4 Tasty Ways to Enjoy a Kiwifruit:
#1 Cut. Scoop. Enjoy!
The easiest way to eat is a kiwifruit is in the skin. You simply cut it in half and scoop it out with a spoon. I have been eating a kiwifruit this way since I was pre-school age. My mom used to pack a cut kiwifruit in my lunch with a spoon. Everyone in my class was always intrigued. 🙂
#2 Kiwi Coconut Chia Popsicles
These have a sweet coconut kiwi taste but with the benefits of the added chia. Yumma!!
- 1 3/4 Cups coconut milk
- 3/4 Cup soy milk
- 3/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Mix together coconut milk, soy milk, chia seeds, and agave syrup. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes for chia seeds to expand.
- Place sliced kiwifruit in mold. Press kiwifruit to the sides of the popsicle mold.
- Pour liquid mixture into popsicle molds slowly and gently. Freeze until popsicles are solid.
#3 Kiwi Ricotta Snack Crackers
These kiwi ricotta snack crackers are perfect as an appetizer or an anytime snack. Not a cracker fan? I love ricotta with a touch of honey in a bowl with cut kiwi on top. It is delicious!
- Wasa crackers
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Pumpkin seeds
- Mix together the ricotta cheese and honey. Spread over crackers.
- Place sliced kiwifruit on top of the cracker and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and enjoy.
#4 Fruit Bowl in a Pineapple Boat
This is just what you need to get the party started. I don’t think you will find anyone that won’t smile when given a fruit bowl served like this. 🙂
- 1 Pineapple
- Berries and other favourite fruit
- 1 SunGold Kiwifruit, cut and sliced
- Cut the top 1/4 off of a pineapple. Using a small, sharp knife, cut around the inside of the pineapple.
- With the knife slice the center of the pineapple so easier to remove. Use a spoon to scoop out the pineapple center.
- Wash fruit, berries and prepare kiwifruit. Place in pineapple boat and enjoy.
Let me know if you try any of these kiwifruit recipes with your Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit!
You Might Also Like
While I have been compensated by Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, all opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.