I’ve always loved carrot cake, that is why these vegan no-bake carrot cake energy boosters are the best thing I have made lately!
So this week, I have been busy in the kitchen, eagerly whipping up healthy versions of this sweet treat to take hiking… and I think I found the perfect recipe! Because I am a Type 1 diabetic, my diet is fairly restricted and free of refined sugars, dairy and gluten. But that doesn’t necessarily mean I have to sacrifice flavor!
These no-bake carrot cake energy boosters, though small in size, are PACKED full of flavor. They’re super tasty and really easy to make. I made them in less in 10 minutes. The small balls are easy to pack into a reusable container and throw into your backpack for a snack to keep you fueled.
These perfect on-the-go bites will be coming with me on my next hike or adventure!
Give these carrot cake energy boosters a try and let me know what you think!
Carrot Cake Energy Boosters Recipe
Vegan No Bake Carrot Cake Energy Boosters
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a strong food processor, cut the carrots into chunks first.
- After smooth, roll into tablespoon size balls and roll into the coconuts flakes or drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to set.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
When I am day hiking, these are some of the things that I like to bring to eat. My list for a multi-day overnight hike is very different.
- Nuts and seeds
- Nut based bars and energy bars
- Meat jerky
- Fruit that doesn’t need to be refrigerated (i.e. apples)
- Nut butter packs
- Dried fruits and vegetables
- Homemade granola
- Homemade trail mix
- Corn tortillas
Thanks for stopping by and follow along with me on my Instagram! Let me know if you try these Vegan No Bake Carrot Cake Energy Boosters.