Scones are great with butter, Nutella, jam or just plain! They are perfect for dipping in tea or with a poached egg on it for breakfast…who wouldn’t want one?! You are going to love these white chocolate cranberry scones. They are my favourite because they combine two of my favourite things!
There is something about the cranberry and white chocolate combo that makes these white chocolate cranberry scones so addictive!
I make scones often because they are extremely easy to make and don’t take many ingredients. Plus a basic scone recipe is very each to change up with whatever fruit, chocolate or cheese you have on hand. The best part is they make your house smell amazing! What is your favourite flavour of scone?
These parchment paper sheets are perfect for baking scones. No sticking and (hopefully) no burning, plus easy clean up.
White Chocolate Cranberry Scone Recipe
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
- 4 Cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ Cups sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter frozen
- 2 Cups cranberries fresh
- 1 Cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Tsp water
- 3 Tbsp sugar coarse for sprinkling
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Using large holes of a grater, grate frozen butter into the flour. Use fingers to work in the butter until it resembles a coarse meal. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.
- Use a fork to stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large clumps form. Gently stir in cranberries. Use hands to form dough into two even sized balls.
- If dough is sticky and needs to firm up a bit, wrap dough balls tightly and chill until it's easier to work with, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured, flat surface, pat each dough ball evenly into an 8 inch circle, about ¾ inch thick each. Cut each circle into 8 triangle wedges. Place triangles on lined baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- To make the egg wash, lightly beat the egg and water together. Brush the egg wash on top of each triangle. Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake about 14-17 minutes or just until tops are light golden.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Let me know if you try these white chocolate cranberry scones recipe. They won’t last long, because they are so good!