I love Valentine’s Day because of all the sweets you can make and because it is all about showing love! ❤ I made some Grinch Crinkle Cookies before Christmas that were so soft and chewy, so I decided that I would change the recipe just slightly and make them for Valentine’s Day. I am a big fan of easy quick and easy recipes. These use a cake mix as the base, so you can’t get much easier. Try not to eat the whole pan because they are addicting!
I am going to spend Valentine’s Day with my true love…food. ❤
If you are looking for ideas for more Valentine’s Day treats check out these Valentine Pretzel Snack Bites, these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies or these White Chocolate Hearts. I also have a post up on Divine Caroline where I show you 25 Sweet Ways to Say ‘I Love You’ with Valentine Treats.
I hope everyone has a great Family Day (a statutory holiday here). I am busy all day doing blog work and homework. This week is my reading break, so it is nice to have time off to get lots done! ❤❤
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Pink food coloring
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Large heart-shaped sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the mixer bowl, cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- Roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and then roll in icing sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and press a large heart sprinkle in the middle.
- Place baking sheet and cookies in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool on pan and then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.