One of the best things about these strawberry lemonade cake mix crinkle cookies is how simple they are to make. Using lemon cake mix makes light work of this recipe and you only need 5 ingredients in total. These lemon and strawberry cookies are so good and I’ll warn you now – one is never enough! These pink lemonade crinkle cookies are always a hit!
You will love these soft, dense pink cake cookies that pair the zing of lemon with the sweet fruitiness of strawberries. They’re perfect for any season or occasion and you can rustle up a batch in next to no time.
Pink Lemonade Crinkle Cookies Ingredients
There are just 5 ingredients in this cake mix cookie recipe. Along with lemon cake mix you will need freeze-dried strawberries, eggs, oil, and powdered sugar. Powdered sugar is also known as icing sugar or confectioners’ sugar.
Use any brand of lemon cake mix you happen to prefer. You can also swap the freeze-dried strawberries in the pink cake cookies for freeze-dried raspberries or another kind of berry. Freeze-dried berries are available from Target, larger grocery stores in the baking aisle or you can order them online.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
First of all, combine the lemon cake mix with the oil and eggs. Next crumble or crush the freeze-dried strawberries and then incorporate them into the lemon cake mixture.
Roll the cake mix cookie recipe dough into balls and roll them in powdered sugar. Arrange the pink cake cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until done. Let them cool then serve.
Why Crinkle Cookies are the Best!
These strawberry lemonade cake mix crinkle cookies always disappear fast. They really are delicious! You might have made crinkle cookies before, perhaps Valentine’s crinkle cookies or cookies for Halloween.
It might surprise you to learn that crinkle cookies have been around since the early 1800s and are famed for their crinkled top and the wonderful powdered sugar that sinks into the cracks. Pink lemonade crinkle cookies are just one variation – there are plenty of colours and flavours to have fun experimenting with.
Lemon and strawberry cookies are one of my favourite crinkled varieties. They’re soft, dense and a little chewy, and of course using boxed cake mix makes them a snap to make. Even newbies to the world of home baking will find them super-easy.
Tips for Serving this Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Cookies are great for just about any occasion. In fact I can’t think of an occasion which wouldn’t be brightened up by a plate of strawberry lemonade cake mix crinkle cookies on the table! Can you?
You can also break them up and add them to sundaes or parfaits. If they’re going slightly stale, mix them into pudding or dunk them in your morning coffee! They’re just too good to waste and I’m sure you will think of other ways of serving them too.
Something else you can do is give them as gifts. Nobody has to know how easy these lemon and strawberry cookies are to make. Stack a few, wrap them in cellophane and add a festive ribbon or bow and you have a great gift anyone would love!
Pink Lemonade Crinkle Cookies FAQs
It’s fine to make strawberry lemonade cake mix crinkle cookies in advance since they will keep for a while. Well maybe not in this house but that’s another story! Store them covered at room temperature for up to a week or refrigerate them for up to a couple of weeks. You can also freeze the pink cake cookies for up to 2 months.
It doesn’t make much difference really, although I’ve had good results using the Betty Crocker brand of lemon cake. The Duncan Hines one is also pretty good.
Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies Recipe
Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- 1 Box cake mix lemon, 15.25 Ounces
- 1 Ounces freeze dried strawberries
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup vegetable oil or canola
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, crush the freeze dried strawberries. You want to have some chunks and some will become a powder.
- Carefully fold the crushed strawberries into the cookie dough, don’t overmix or the dough will become completely pink.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop all of the dough into approx 1.5” to 2” balls.
- Place the powdered sure into a bowl. Roll each of the dough balls in the powdered sugar. Try to get as much powdered sugar onto the ball as possible.
- Place each of the powdered balls onto your prepared cookie sheets, leaving a couple inches between each.
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven, and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes rotating the pans halfway through.
- Remove the cookies when they are done baking and let cool on the trays.
- Serve or store in an airtight container once completely cooled.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Quick and easy to prepare, these strawberry lemonade cake mix crinkle cookies are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. This is a simple cake mix cookie recipe and the pink lemonade flavour in the finished cookies is so good.
These look delicious! I think even I can make these