When it comes to peanut butter, there are those who love the chunky kind, and those who swear by the smooth kind. Then there are those in the middle who believe that all peanut butter is amazing regardless. Whether you are a smooth lover or a chunky addict, it is a well-known fact that peanut butter is a staple item in any pantry. If you don’t have peanut butter in your pantry, what is wrong with you? Here are 30 peanut butter recipes that you need to try.
Peanut Butter Recipes – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
For all of you peanut butter lovers, it is known that peanut butter can be eaten in a multitude of ways: on sandwiches, off of a spoon, and more. Only the true peanut butter lovers will know that peanut butter can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and these peanut butter recipes are proof of that. These 30 peanut butter recipes are proof that peanut butter truly is the best food in the world.
Most peanut butter that is sold is both vegan and gluten-free, so it can fit into a variety of dietary needs and restrictions. Along with that, if you are trying to eat healthier, peanut butter is also an amazing source of protein. If you are on a tight budget, you can even make your own peanut butter; through this, you are in complete control of what goes into your peanut butter.
Before we get to the recipes, enjoy these fun facts about peanut butter:
- Did you know that peanuts are not actually nuts at all? Instead, they are legumes just as beans are. Do you feel deceived now?
- It takes a whopping 540 peanuts to make a single 12-ounce jar of peanut butter. Wow!
- Save your stomach for January 24th because it is National Peanut Butter Day, so eat up!
- Throughout history, two peanut farmers have been elected as president of the United States: Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
- There is a phobia or fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the top of your mouth called Arachibutyrophobia (pronounced A’-ra-kid-bu-ti-ro-pho-bi-a). Yeah, I bet you didn’t know that existed, did you?
- The world’s largest peanut butter factory makes 250,000 jars of peanut butter every day. Just imagine how many peanuts that takes!
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before graduating high school. Now that is a lot of peanut butter.
Now onto the best part, the recipes! Enjoy these recipes for all occasions and dig into that peanut butter with no shame.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes
Peanut butter and chocolate make for the ultimate flavor combination. In a recipe where you find peanut butter, you are likely to also find chocolate. They are truly a match made in heaven.
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Peanut Butter Cup Bark
- Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Roll Cake
Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes
Are you the peanut butter to someone else’s jelly? There is a good reason why that is such a common phrase, because peanut butter and jelly are the perfect pair! The PB&J sandwich is a classic childhood staple. However, there are many other ways to enjoy these two spreads together.
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter & Jam Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Dip
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
- PB & J Cookies
Peanut Butter and Banana Recipes
The peanut butter and banana sandwich were made famous by Elvis Presley. Whether healthy or decadent, there are numerous ways to enjoy this tasty combination.
- Peanut Butter, Strawberry and Banana Quesadillas
- Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Pops
- Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter and Banana Dip
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Peanut Butter Beverage Recipes
You have not had peanut butter every way possible until you have enjoyed a peanut butter beverage. While it seems like a weird choice of drink, you can’t knock it until you try it. Chocolate and peanut butter drinks and smoothies are perfect for those PB fans that need a daily dose of peanut butter.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Float
- Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Toasted Marshmallow Peanut Butter Milkshake
- Thick Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Cup Martini
Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
Do you love peanut butter so much that you need it for dessert too? Peanut butter isn’t just for sandwiches and these desserts serve to prove that peanut butter is truly one of the best foods on the planet!
Let me know if you have any favourite peanut butter recipes that I should try!