This boozy salted peanut butter hot chocolate has to be one of the prettiest hot drinks I’ve ever made. Where are my hot chocolate fans!?! Who can resist a steaming mug of hot chocolate decorated with fluffy whipped cream and sprinkles? Or marshmallows and fudge syrup? If you are looking for a Skrewball whiskey recipe, this spiked peanut butter hot cocoa is one to try. Hot chocolate and whiskey are a tasty combination in this hot peanut butter drink.
This spiked peanut butter hot cocoa isn’t a diet drink by any stretch of the imagination. But it’s soooo good! You just have to make this hot peanut butter drink if you’re looking for the best fall cocktail recipe ideas.
Hot Peanut Butter Drink Ingredients
This rich and indulgent cocktail is made with plenty of creamy dairy products. You can find cream, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk in there. Feel free to sub milk for the whipping cream. It will still be good, just slightly less rich.
If you don’t want dairy products in your hot peanut butter drink you can use coconut cream, cream of coconut and dairy-free chocolate chips instead of the dairy ingredients.
In addition you need smooth peanut butter, chocolate chips, salt, Skrewball or another peanut butter whiskey, and peanut butter sauce.
The sauce is a combination of one part smooth peanut butter and two parts light corn syrup. Corn syrup is used mainly because it’s runny and therefore easy to mix with peanut butter to make the sauce. You can use honey, agave syrup or maple syrup if you prefer.
It’s not like some other fall cocktails. You probably won’t want more than one of these. After all it’s so rich and indulgent. It’s part dessert and part cocktail!
How to Make this Skrewball Whiskey Recipe
Go ahead and make the sauce first by blending the peanut butter and corn syrup. You will need to use creamy peanut butter here, or smooth peanut butter. Don’t use the natural kind which is either 100% peanuts or peanuts with a little salt. They are nowhere near as smooth as the creamy kind. You can keep the mixture at room temperature while you work on the chocolate whiskey drink.
Put some of the peanut butter sauce on the rim of a mug, letting it drip down the sides. Next warm the cream, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a pan on the stove. Add the milk and warm it back up and then the chocolate chips.
You can use semisweet or dark chocolate chips as you prefer. I like the semisweet kind. White chocolate chips would work too. After all, this hot chocolate and whiskey cocktail is all about being sweet!
Keep warming it up until it’s hot but not boiling. As soon as you see a slow simmer take it off the heat and stir in the salt and peanut butter whiskey. Now you can pour it into a mug and add peanut butter sauce and crumbled cookies. This boozy salted peanut butter hot chocolate is so sweet and rich. It’s perfect to warm you up when the weather is chilly.
Serve this Skrewball whiskey recipe as soon as you’ve made it. If you do want to make this chocolate whiskey drink ahead, just don’t add the whiskey until you serve it.
What is Special about Skrewball Whiskey?
Have you tried Skrewball whiskey before? It’s a peanut butter flavoured whiskey. Of course you could make this hot peanut butter drink with another whiskey, but Skrewball works especially well.
A lot of liquor stores carry this brand or you could try another brand. If all else fails, order some online instead. Fans of peanut butter, whiskey and chocolate will be in heaven tasting this incredible boozy salted peanut butter hot chocolate.
Why Boozy Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate is a Taste of Heaven
I can’t get enough of this spiked peanut butter hot cocoa. As great as refreshing, iced cocktails are in the summer months, this hot chocolate and whiskey drink really is a homage to the fall.
As soon as the weather gets cooler, I have mixed feelings! It means the summer is over or at least nearly over. But it also means pumpkin treats, red and yellow leaves and fun drinks like this hot chocolate and whiskey cocktail!
Make this wonderful chocolate whiskey drink and enjoy the incredible flavours it offers. I guarantee this boozy salted peanut butter hot chocolate is one of the most amazing versions of hot chocolate ever. It’s perfect for Skrewball whiskey fans.
If you are a fan of this spiked peanut butter hot cocoa, you might also like Creamy Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream or Toffee Apple Cider Fireball Hot Toddy.
Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Recipe
Boozy Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup light
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter smooth, not natural
Boozy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate:
- 1/4 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter smooth, not natural
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 Cup milk whole
- 1/3 Cup chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet
- 1/4 Tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 Ounces whiskey peanut butter flavour, such as Skrewball
- whipped cream
- Peanut Butter Sauce recipe above
- peanut butter cookies for garnish, such as Nutter Butter
To make the peanut butter sauce:
- Mix together corn syrup and peanut butter until smooth. Cover and set aside at room temperature. Refrigerating the sauce will make it harden but it can be softened if left out at room temperature and re-mixed.
For the Boozy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate:
- Using a spoon, transfer a bit of peanut butter sauce (recipe above) onto the rim of a heatproof 15 ounce mug. I just tap the sauce-covered spoon along the rim until it is covered. I like to put enough on that it drips down the side. The more peanut butter, the better!
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add heavy whipping cream, peanut butter, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until combined. Slowly pour in milk and stir to mix. Allow mixture to heat up again, then add chocolate chips.
- Continue whisking over medium heat until chocolate is fully incorporated and the mixture is hot, but not boiling. The ideal temperature for hot chocolate is somewhere between 160 degrees F to 185 degrees F.
- Remove from heat. Add salt, then peanut butter whiskey. Stir to mix and pour into mug.
- Top with a heaping dollop of whipped cream, drizzle with peanut butter sauce, and serve sprinkled with crumbled peanut butter cookies.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
This spiced peanut butter hot chocolate is just so rich and amazing. Forget about calories for one evening and treat yourself to this spiked peanut butter hot cocoa. Every sip of this boozy salted peanut butter hot chocolate is a guilty pleasure and the flavours combine perfectly.
If you are looking for other cocktails, you might like this Spiked Bananas Foster Ice Cream Rum Nog Cocktail.