Boasting a wonderful Oreo crust along with vanilla pudding mix, this Bailey’s Irish Cream no bake pie is so good. It is an easy no bake dessert which tastes just as good as anything from a top bakery. If you are looking for a dessert with Irish cream liqueur, you’ll love how indulgent and perfect this one tastes.
Bailey’s Irish Cream is the star of this dessert, while the Oreos, vanilla and chocolate add even more appeal. So if you’re in the mood for an Irish inspired dessert, look no further!
Bailey’s Irish Cream No Bake Pie Ingredients
You will need a box of instant vanilla pudding mix to make Bailey’s Irish Cream no bake pie. Milk, Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur also goes into the dessert along with cream, sugar, chocolate chips, Oreos, butter, vanilla, gelatine, and salt also goes into this Irish inspired dessert.
Tweaks are possible and you could swap the Oreo crust for one made with another type of cookie. The vanilla pudding mix could be swapped for another flavour, and you could use white chocolate chips if you want. As for the garnish, I love to add shaved chocolate curls. You could add any topping you want though.
How to Make this Easy No Bake Dessert
Make fine breadcrumbs with the Oreos in a food processor and then add butter, sugar and salt, and combine. Press the resulting mixture into a pie dish and press them with the underside of a measuring cup so it’s well compacted.
Mix the gelatine with water. Whip the heavy cream, adding in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Now microwave the gelatine mixture and then whip it into the vanilla cream you just made.
Next whisk the milk with the Bailey’s and instant pudding. Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl and then warm up the Bailey’s and pour it over them. Fold some of the whipped cream mixture into the pudding, then drizzle some ganache on top. Repeat the layers of this easy no bake dessert and smooth the top with a spatula. Add the rest of the whipped cream and, if you like, some chocolate curls. Chill for at least 4 hours then serve.
How to Make Chocolate Curls
Although shaved chocolate curls are an optional topping, they’re so good on this Bailey’s Irish Cream no bake pie. They are also really easy to make. Grab a bar of chocolate and a vegetable peeler.
Shave the outer edge of the chocolate for narrow curls. If you want wider ones, shave the side of the chocolate instead. Refrigerate them until you’re ready to use them so they don’t melt. I love making my own chocolate curls and I also love eating any mistakes!
Bailey’s Irish Cream No Bake Pie FAQs
You might be curious if this decadent dessert with Irish cream liqueur, vanilla pudding mix and Oreo crust can be made in advance. Since it has to chill for at least 4 hours before serving, you will need to make it ahead.
The pie keeps for up to 3 days in the refrigerator so you could make it further ahead if you like. Don’t freeze this dessert with Irish cream liqueur because it will separate. You can, however, pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing, since that will make the slices look neater.
Whether you aren’t a Bailey’s fan or you have something else to hand instead, you can sub something else for this liqueur. Amarula cream liqueur would work. This is a South African liqueur which is creamy like Bailey’s but flavoured with amarula fruit instead of chocolate.
There are various Bailey’s varieties to choose from. The original one is the best known. Salted caramel, almande, strawberries and cream, espresso crème, red velvet, apple pie, and vanilla cinnamon are other Bailey’s varieties.
Another version is Bailey’s Deliciously Light, which has 40% less sugar and 40% fewer calories than the original. I like to use classic Bailey’s for this Irish inspired dessert. The flavour complements everything from the vanilla pudding mix to the Oreo crust. But you can use whatever you prefer.
Bailey’s Irish Cream No Bake Pie with Oreo Crust Recipe
Bailey’s Irish Cream No Bake Pie with Oreo Crust
- 1 Box instant vanilla pudding mix 5.1 Ounce
- 1 Cup milk cold
- ½ Cup Irish Cream + 3 Tablespoons, such as Bailey’s Liqueur, separated
- 1 ½ Cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ Cup powdered sugar
- ½ Cup mini chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 28 Oreos regular stuffed
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Tablespoons water cold
- 1 Teaspoon gelatin unflavored
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- shaved chocolate or chocolate curls optional for decoration
- In a food processor, crush 28 regular stuffed oreos to create a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter and add to the oreo crumbs along with the 2 teaspoons of sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix until combined.
- Press the oreo crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 10” pie dish. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to help press the crumbs tightly and flat.
- In a small microwave safe dish, combine the cold water and unflavored gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the gelatin, add the heavy whipping cream to a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Begin whipping the heavy cream, slowly add in the vanilla and the powdered sugar. Stop whipping just before reaching soft peaks.
- Take the gelatin mixture which has now solidified, and place in the microwave for approx 3 minutes. Check the gelatin, it should now be liquid, but not hot. If it is not yet liquid, microwave for another 1-2 seconds at a time until it is liquid.
- When the gelatin is liquid, but not hot, turn the mixer back on and continue whipping the cream, slowly drizzle in the gelatin. Continue whipping until the cream has reached stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the cold milk, ½ cup of Baileys, and instant vanilla pudding mix. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips into a small dish.
- In another small microwave safe dish, heat the 3 Tablespoons of Bailey’s until it is boiling (this should only take a minute or two). Carefully remove from the microwave and immediately pour over the top of the chocolate chips. Let sit for a minute or two then stir until smooth.
- Take about ¾ of the whipped cream and fold into the pudding.
- Once the ganache has cooled down, but has not hardened, drizzle some of the ganache over the top of the pie filling mixture, do not mix it into the pie filling, instead just pour that top layer of the filling/ganache mixture into the oreo pie crust. Continue to repeat the steps of drizzling more ganache into the bowl of pie filling and then pouring that top layer with the filling/ganache into the pie crust until all of the ganache and filling has been poured into the crust.
- Gently smooth the top.
- Decorate the top of the pie with the remaining whipped cream. Optionally you can fill the top of the pie with shaved chocolate or chocolate curls.
- Let chill in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
A slice of Bailey’s Irish Cream no bake pie makes a deliciously decadent treat. This easy no bake dessert can be prepared ahead and is perfect for any occasion from a dinner party to a bridal shower. It’s the best dessert with Irish cream liqueur and it’s wonderfully simple to prepare.