If you are a fan of cheesecake, like I am, you should try this blueberry cheesecake ice cream recipe. YUM! This is another ice cream recipe that I tried with my ice cream maker. This once got rave reviews with the family and friends, so I will be making it again.
You could easily change out the blueberries for other fruit or combine whatever fruits and berries you have on hand. I think raspberries and blackberries would be a great combination.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 3 Cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 Oz. cream cheese
- 6 Cups blueberries fresh
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl. Set asdie.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, bring the milk and the cream to boil, slowly pour a small amount on the egg yolks to temper. Then, pour the remaining over the yolks and sugar.
- Stir well then pour back in the saucepan and cook over medium low heat until the cream thickens.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until incorporated.
- Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Process in an ice cream maker until it has reached soft-serve stage and almost doubled in size. In my ice cream maker, this took about 30 minutes.
- Mash blueberries lightly, then mix in with ice cream and place in the freezer to harden.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I have had this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for a few years and love it.
Let me know if you make this blueberry cheesecake ice cream recipe!