Everyone in our family loves ice cream, so we splurged and got an ice cream maker. This coconut pineapple frozen yogurt recipe is a bit healthier than regular ice cream. It uses Greek yogurt and coconut milk which is combined with pineapple chunks. I have topped it with some toasted coconut flakes. It is very light and flavourful…you will love it, too!
You can use canned or fresh pineapple in this recipe. I always love to use fresh ingredients when I can. Pineapples can be bought year round, but they are typically in season from March to July.
Choosing a Pineapple:
- Choose a pineapple that is fresh with green leaves and a firm outer layer.
- The pineapple should have a distinctive pineapple smell when you put your nose at the bottom of the fruit.
Storing a Pineapple:
- Pineapples will keep for 3 to 5 days if refrigerated in a perforated plastic bag.
- If you plan on using the pineapple within 1 to 2 days, you can store the pineapple at room temperature and out of the sun.
Coconut Pineapple Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Coconut Pineapple Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Cup coconut milk fat
- 6-7 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vodka
- 1/4 Cup pineapple Fresh or canned plus crushed and drained
- 1/4 Cup coconut toasted to garnish
- Combine the yogurt, coconut milk, sugar and vodka in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until well chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the yogurt mixture into your ice cream maker, and process according to the manufacturers directions on your ice-cream maker. Mine only took about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt to a large container with a lid and stir in the crushed pineapple. The frozen yogurt will go quite liquid at this point, but that is okay. Make sure to mix well to avoid any pineapple juice ice chunks.
- Cover and place back into the freezer until solid, about 2-3 hours.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I have had this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for a few years and love it.
Let me know if you try this coconut pineapple frozen yogurt recipe!