I have been experimenting with so many pumpkin recipes lately and I need more days in the week to share them all with you. These pumpkin chocolate chip bars are the latest, and they are fantastic!
They have the most amazing colour and are not too sweet because they use puree and not pie filling. I didn’t have pumpkin pie spice, so I used a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon instead.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter and then let it sit a few minutes to cool.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and combine but don’t over mix.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips.
- Place batter in the baking pan and sprinkle with reserved chocolate chips. Smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
These parchment paper sheets are perfect for baking cookies and bars! For bars, just cut them to fit the pan. No sticking and (hopefully) no burning, plus easy clean up.
Let me know if you try this pumpkin chocolate chip bars recipe!