These slow cooker sriracha honey garlic pork chops make a great dinner any day of the year. They’re easy crockpot pork chops which are sweet and sticky, Chinese inspired, and totally delicious. If you are craving honey garlic pork this is a recipe for you!
You will need 4 pork chops and I would recommend getting the thicker ones so they don’t cook through too fast. I used 1-inch thick chops and they came out perfect.
What makes these sweet and spicy pork chops so special is the combination of spices and seasonings. Along with honey for sweetness plus sriracha for spice, you will be adding soy and hoisin sauce.
Even more flavor comes from garlic and ginger, and then there are sesame seeds and parsley which make a nice garnish for your Asian pork chops.
I like to use fresh garlic and ginger to make this honey garlic pork. You can also use the ready-minced kind from a jar to save prep time. Adjust the amount of sriracha if you want a more fiery result or swap the parsley garnish for cilantro if you want.
How to Make sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
I love that these slow cooker sriracha honey garlic pork chops are such a simple, easy to follow recipe. Once you have seasoned the pork with pepper and garlic powder you can give them a brief sear on both sides.
Next transfer them into a crockpot. Whisk the other ingredients and pour this over the Asian pork chops.
Cook the sweet and sticky Chinese inspired chops for 5 hours on low and then serve garnished with sesame seeds and parsley. These really are tasty and if you like Asian pork dishes you might also like to try this pork egg roll in a bowl.
What to Serve with Crockpot Pork Chops
Since the slow cooker sriracha honey garlic pork chops boast plenty of oriental flavours, I like to continue the theme. Something simple such as plain boiled or steamed white rice would pair nicely with these. You could add green onion and an egg to make egg fried rice if you prefer more flavour in there.
Not in the mood for rice with your honey garlic pork? How about some broccoli or broccolini, or even buttered sugar snap peas or stir fried mixed vegetables?
Anything from bell pepper, mushroom, sugar snaps, bamboo shoots, and broccoli would work with slow cooker sriracha honey garlic pork chops.
Once they’re tender you can stir in equal parts butter, orange juice and balsamic vinegar to make a really good stir fry sauce. When I make this sauce I also like to throw in some slivered almonds or peanuts for crunch.
What is Special about Sriracha?
This not-too-spicy red sauce is made from red jalapenos. The chilies are ground up and combines with vinegar, salt, garlic, and sugar. The xanthan gum thickens the mixture up.
It’s a moderately spicy sauce which is perfect if you want to avoid fiery ones. If not, you’re welcome to use Tabasco or another favourite in its place for these sweet and sticky Chinese inspired chops.
Something else you can do with sriracha is combine it with mayonnaise to make sriracha mayo which is great in sandwiches with deli meats and also works as a burger sauce. You can tweak the amounts according to your preferred spice level.
6 Tips for the Best Asian Pork Chops
If you want to ensure your slow cooker sriracha honey garlic pork chops come out perfect, there are a few tips and tricks to bear in mind:
- The pork must be an inch thick. Slightly over is also fine. But if it’s too thin it will cook too quickly and not come out juicy.
- The ingredients are changeable. For example you can sub vegan ‘honey’ for the regular kind, use another type of hot sauce or sub coconut aminos for the soy sauce.
- I like to toast the sesame seeds first. To do this add them to a hot ungreased skillet and brown them, stirring often, until they’re golden and fragrant.
- Crockpot pork chops are so easy since you just have to brown the meat then add it to your slow cooker with the other ingredients. They will be done after about 5 hours but you can keep them warm on the ‘warming’ setting until you’re ready to eat.
- Leftover honey garlic pork will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator. You can heat it back up in a warm oven or even slice, sauté and use to top a mixed leaf salad.
- These sweet and spicy pork chops are ideal for any season or occasion and it’s definitely a recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
Slow Cooker Sriracha Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
Slow Cooker Sriracha Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops 1'' thick
- 3/4 Cup honey
- 2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 3/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup hoisin sauce
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 Teaspoon salt kosher
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 Bunch parsley fresh, as garnish
- Heat a pan over high heat.
- Season pork chops with pepper and garlic powder. Sear both sides of the pork chops for 2 minutes per side. Place into the bottom of the slow cooker
- In A small mixing bowl, combine honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Whisk, then pour over the pork chops. Add crushed garlic and grated ginger. Cover, then cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove pork chops from the slow cooker. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh parsley.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Give these sweet and spicy pork chops a try and it will become a favourite meal. Cooking in a slow cooker makes it perfect dinner idea for busy nights and we know we all have a lot of those!