You can make Valentine strawberry cream Rice Krispies treats with just 5 main ingredients and two optional ones. With a heart shaped Rice Krispie recipe this easy, what’s not to love? These flavoured rice krispie treats are made with freeze dried strawberries and not only cute but tasty, too!
You’re definitely going to enjoy these marshmallow flavoured Rice Krispie treats with freeze dried strawberries and (optionally) white almond bark. They make a great snack, dessert or gift.
These strawberry Rice Krispie treats are too tasty to only make for Valentine’s Day. I bet you’ll make these more than once. Yes, they really are that good!
You can use Rice Krispies or another brand of toasted rice cereal for these Valentine strawberry cream Rice Krispies.
Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treat Ingredients
Along with the toasted rice cereal, you will need marshmallows, butter and freeze dried strawberries. White almond bark and sprinkles are optional ingredients which you might or might not want to use.
How to Make Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
You need to break the freeze dried strawberries up first and the easiest way is to put them in a Ziploc bag and bash them with a rolling pin. You could also use the flat side of a meat mallet.
Next, melt the butter in a pan and then mix in regular marshmallows as well as some mini marshmallows. Once it’s nearly all melted you can take the mixture off the heat and stir in more mini marshmallows as well as the Rice Krispies and freeze dried strawberries.
If you’re finding that the ingredients stick to your spoon or spatula too much, simply spritz some non-stick cooking spray over the spoon first.
Press the mixture into a greased pan, flattening down the top. When the flavoured Rice Krispie treats mixture is cool you can turn it out of the pan. Cut out heart shapes using a heart shaped cookie cutter or else a sharp knife.
Decorating Valentine Strawberry Cream Rice Krispies Treats
You can either serve these as they are or finish them off with some sprinkle decorations. I would recommend prettying up these heart shaped Rice Krispie bites, just for that extra-special Valentine’s Day touch!
Melt some almond bark (or, in fact, any kind of bark you want) and drizzle it over the strawberry Rice Krispie treats. Then you can sprinkle any kind of sprinkles over the top and they will stick.
Any type of bark will work, either homemade or store-bought. Try this pistachio white chocolate bark to add a touch of elegance and if you’re a pistachio fan like me!
Serving Ideas for Flavoured Rice Krispie Treats
There are various ways you can serve Valentine strawberry cream Rice Krispies. The simplest way is just to arrange them on a platter. This would be fine for a Valentine’s Day party. Another idea is to put each one on a popsicle stick and this is perhaps the easiest way to eat them since strawberry Rice Krispie treats can be sticky!
If you’re going on the popsicle stick route then I’d recommend wrapping each one in cellophane. This makes them more portable and also makes them look cuter!
How to Store Valentine Strawberry Cream Rice Krispies
Of course you will want to keep your flavoured Rice Krispie treats fresh and crisp. The best way to do this is to keep them in a big Ziploc bag or airtight container at room temperature. This way, they will keep for up to a week.
I find they stay fresher for longer if you use salted, rather than unsalted, butter in the recipe. Salt is a preservative and you might get an extra day or so out of them this way!
What is a Rice Krispie Alternative?
Although Rice Krispies (or an off-brand version) are the main ingredient, this is the kind of recipe you can even sub something else in! Let’s say you either don’t like Rice Krispies, don’t want to use them or can’t find them, what else can you use?
Well you have a couple options here. Let me say first of all I haven’t experimented with alternatives, so it’s your call whether to take such a risk!
Popcorn is one tempting option and, even if you do like Rice Krispies, you can sub some popcorn in for some of them. Another idea would be Chex Mix and obviously I mean the sweet kind not the onion or garlic type! If you try one of these variations, let me know how they work out!
If you like these heart shaped rice krispies, you might also like Heart Valentine Cookies and Cream Cheese Sprinkle Dip, Fudgey Chocolate Brownies for Valentine’s Day, or White Chocolate Hearts.
Valentine Strawberry Cream Rice Krispies Recipe
Valentine Strawberry Cream Rice Krispies
- 10 Ounces Rice Krispie toasted rice cereal
- 10 Ounces marshmallows regular
- 10 Ounces marshmallows mini
- 14 Tablespoons butter
- 1.2 Ounces freeze dried strawberries
- almond bark white, optional
- sprinkles optional
- Place the strawberries into a zip top bag or a bowl then crunch them up into smaller pieces some will become very fine and powdery others will be chunky and that is exactly what you want, a good variety.
- Remove one and a half cups of mini marshmallows from the bag and set aside.
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by spraying it with oil, set aside.
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted pour in the whole bag of regular sized marshmallows, along with the remaining mini marshmallows.
- Melt the marshmallows into the butter, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture is about 80 to 90% melted remove from heat. Working quickly, mix in the cup and a half of mini marshmallows that were reserved, the freeze-dried strawberries, and the toasted rice cereal. Mix until combined then place into a greased 9×13 pan. Very gently flatten the top of the rice crispy treats without pressing down too hard. You want to leave plenty of air to make them nice and soft.
- Let the crispy treats cool down for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes use a spatula and run it along the edge of the crispy treats then turn them out onto a cutting board.
- Use a cookie cutter or a knife, cut the krispies into your desired shape.
- In a small microwave safe dish melt about ½ cup of white almond bark.
- Drizzle the almond bark on top of your cut out rice krispy treats.
- Sprinkle right away with your choice of sprinkles.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
These Valentine strawberry cream Rice Krispie treats are so good. They’ll make you want to make heart shaped Rice Krispie treats every Valentine’s Day. I have many Valentine’s Day recipes, so check them all out.
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.